About the Role
Megaport Engineering Team work on multiple initiatives - developing new products, enhancing existing product capabilities, supporting various business change requests while keeping the business running.
This individual, with a creative, innovative mindset, responsible, committed, exhibiting servant leadership qualities, will report into PMO and will work closely with the engineering team enabling the team to achieve their goals.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $2 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 230 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Facilitate daily stand ups and take notes/blockers/action items based on the engineering team needs
- Facilitate sprint planning or be present to take notes/blockers/action items based on the engineering team needs
- Assist the engineering team to groom the backlog , administer the scrum board. Ensure that cards are up to date and the scrum tool, Jira software is working well.
- Contribute to regular analysis of burndown charts and other portfolio planning tools to understand what gets built and at what cadence.
- The scrum master aids the team by eliminating external blockers and managing internal roadblocks through process or workflow improvements.
- Participate in the meeting and capture feedback.
- Note areas for improvement and action items for future sprints.
- Provide resource and project based data to PMO
- Be the point of contact for status updates outside of the team
What We are Looking For
- Has more than 2 years of experience working in complex , agile , fast paced, and is willing to embrace and adapt to change
- Highly adaptable individual who has worked in software development teams in an agile environment
- Working with Jira and Confluence will be desirable but not mandatory
- Experience with agile methodologies e.g. SCRUM preferred.
- An agile mindset with the ability to work in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- Ability to work closely and build warm relationships with business and engineering teams.
- Has worked on multiple Scrum teams at the same time is highly desirable
- Enables the delivery of complex solutions and products working alongside the engineering team
- Encourages teams to learn through experiences, self organise while working on a task and reflect and improve on their successes and losses
What We Offer
- Flexible working environments with the ability to do your job from anywhere
- Birthday Leave
- Generous study and training allowance + development opportunities
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities for career growth and potential for global intra-company transfers for interested candidates
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview
Strictly no Recruitment Agencies please.