We have a strong vision, know what success looks like, and we’re actively learning and discovering our product-market fit. Because we are moving fast, part of this role is being comfortable to work with a high level of uncertainty, at a fast pace, and being able to change direction confidently and regularly — all which should excite and bring out the best in you.
Our Senior Developers are responsible for technical alignment, health, capability, and They participate in continuous improvement and customer outcomes.
Your day will include:
You will be working within a cross-functional, agile, and highly interactive Product Delivery Stream consisting of several teams.
Day to day:
- You will work in a passionate and dynamic environment with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new methodologies and technologies
- From development through to deployment and into production, you will participate in the end-to-end technical delivery of projects, including but not limited to:
- Actively participating and contributing to all parts of product delivery
- Working effectively with the delivery team
- Taking initiative to escalate and communicate issues effectively in a timely manner
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure that non-functional requirements are addressed
- Committing to ensure the team succeeds in all tasks, duties, and projects
- Willing to help a team member in need
- Partaking in on-call responsibilities
About SEEK Learning
As part of the SEEK Group, SEEK Learning’s purpose is to help millions of Australians find their calling, and guide them along on the best path for their career. We believe everyone should be provided with an opportunity to change their life through education and upskilling, and we have a vision to be Australia’s leading and most trusted Career Partner. Find out more about SEEK Learning by visiting: https://www.seek.com.au/learning/ and https://www.seek.com.au/career-advice/
At SEEK we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done.
You will work amongst a group of hard-working, fun and caring people who will support you to have a successful and fulfilling career at SEEK.
Our dedication to fostering a work environment where people feel like they're making a difference every single day has helped us maintain a consistently high ranking in the annual Hewitt Best Employer Award. In other words, people like to come here – and we're proud of that!
So, what are we looking for?
- Demonstrated software engineering and commercial experience
- Building and operating highly scalable, available, performant and secure solutions
- Significant Frontend development and product innovation experience
- Experience in Analytics and SEO
- Focuses on delivering customer outcomes over task completion
- Uses data to drive decision making
- Leads the design, development, delivery, and support of common platforms
- Self-aware and proactive on continuous improvement and continual learning
- Positive attitude and a clear sense of initiative
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Breaks problems down, analyses constituent parts and proposes creative solutions
- Open-minded collaborator with a growth mindset, able to manage stakeholder expectations
- Collaborating with, mentoring, and helping to grow the capabilities of the team around you
- Creates and maintains continuous delivery pipelines using current practices, patterns & tooling
- Designs and develops cloud-native software - AWS
- Uses current technical practices such as writing clean, testable code and pair programming
We would also like you to have:
- Strong experience in agile development methodologies and development practices such as Continuous Delivery, TDD, BDD, Agile, etc
- Previous experience building large scale distributed applications in AWS
- Previous experience with technologies such as ReactJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch, git
- Previous experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics,
- Identifies and harnesses opportunities
- Identifies and mitigates risks
- Takes responsibility for teams
- Builds trust, safety, and inclusion in teams
- Pursues mastery of software delivery and inspires such pursuit in others
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Contributing to planning sessions. Ability to effectively communicate trade-offs and impacts
- Strives to be a conduit between the business and technological stakeholders
- Creates software using secure coding practices and mitigates common vulnerabilities
- Uses domain driven design, design patterns and data modelling to build software products
- Proficient in Continuous Deployment / Delivery practices
- Pursues DevOps as a culture and quality as a team-concern
- Comfortable crossing layer boundaries, delivering software end-to-end both back and front end
The Perks and Benefits
At SEEK we offer:
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Flexible leave offerings, including opportunities to purchase additional leave
- Support for parents with 14 weeks paid primary carers leave
- SEEKer Support, offering mental/physical wellbeing counselling
- Education Assistance Program
Here at SEEK we pride ourselves on harbouring a flexible and inclusive working environment. Should you require any specific supports or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us and we will be happy to assist.
For this role, only those candidates with the eligible right to work will be considered.