The achievement of Airtasker’s mission relies on high performance from teams and individuals against identified strategic goals. We are looking for an experienced People Partner to consult with and support managers in the creation and maintenance of high performing teams, by leveraging employee experience drivers (from onboarding through to exit) in a tailored manner that best suits each individual team’s context.
Who we are:
Our mission at Airtasker is to empower people to realise the full value of their skills. We create jobs and help people get more done all around the world. We are inspired every day by the people who make their livelihood on the Airtasker platform.
Airtasker is a global marketplace for local services. We’re building a platform that allows people to post jobs and allows taskers to earn a living through these jobs. We’ve spent the last year on a journey of growth and transformation - planting our flag in the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, and Singapore, and progressing on our vision for the local services economy.
We are 4 million users strong, with over $300M of job opportunities created this year in Australia and overseas. We’re making huge strides and we need your help as we accelerate in achieving our mission!
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain a dynamic, two-way relationships with the leaders and managers (stakeholders) you support where you are the trusted advisor and objective sounding-board for all people-related problems
- Form strong relationships with team members to be able to proactively identify opportunities for improvement in increasing levels of engagement and productivity in the team, as well as the escalation of acute people issues
- Educate stakeholders on best practice employee experience drivers, taking into account their relevant maturity around people management
- Coach stakeholders on the implementation of employee experience drivers, leveraging change management to create the conditions for successful acceptance and adoption of change in the team
- Take joint responsibility with your stakeholders for the end-to-end success in addressing problems - partner to clarify problems, identify and design solutions, and measure and report progress
- Advocate the value and impact of the employee lifecycle in enabling the organisation to achieve its goals by bringing the “people” lens to the forefront of business decisions
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Previous experience people partnering in high growth environments
- Strong understanding of effective HR practices and tools with the ability to apply them proactively with flexibility.
- Strong knowledge of industry market trends and practices
- Sound understanding of the local regulatory and legal framework related to employment matters
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the key senior business stakeholders (strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills)
- Exceptional coaching and consulting skills - ability to ask the right questions to influence
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise work to meet business and function requirements
- An understanding of the structure and cross-functional nature of technology organisations is favourable