Reporting into the Network Operations Engineering Manager this role will be responsible for operations and maintenance of the network and providing level 3 support for services that Megaport & ECIX customers rely on. A successful applicant will work closely with the existing engineering teams to build and maintain a highly scalable, reliable and resilient network with a focus on automation and providing elastic services to customers on demand.
Passionate about scalable networking with an interest in automation and software, you will work on solving problems in a robust way with a focus on customer experience and the end product. Ideally you have come from a telecommunications or content distribution network background with experience working on large global networks with intimate knowledge of routing protocols and label switching. Experience with SDN and cloud based networking concepts a must.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $1.5 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 215 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What you will be doing
- Operations and maintenance of Megaport’s next generation network
- Major network and L3 customer incident fault resolution
- Document all work completed in Megaport’s OSS/BSS systems
- Ensure appropriate monitoring is implemented for network equipment
- Maintain technical relationships with vendors and internal engineering teams
- Provide escalation support for network operations centre staff, sales, deployment and other business units
- Provide technical summaries of proposed, planned and completed technical work
- Evaluation, testing and certification of new network hardware, systems and software
- Development and delivery of training to Network Operations staff
- Work with Engineering on network enhancement projects
What we are looking for
- Passionate about technology and using technology to solve problems
- Strong work ethic and willingness to continuously improve yourself
- Focus on end user experience, taking the extra step so that users can get the most from their services
- Proven strong background in network incident resolution, incident mitigation, deployment and maintenance
- Production experience in OSPF, BGP, MPLS Traffic Engineering and MPLS L2/L3 VPN
- Production experience in Juniper and Cisco hardware platforms
- Experience managing network hardware installations and single mode fiber optics patching at 3rd party data centres
- Linux OS and Perl or Python coding experience will be highly regarded
- Be proactive and self-motivated
- Organised with a strong attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Have the ability to take initiative and work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in remote teams
KPIs for first 6 months of employment:
- Gain understanding of Megaport’s network, products and services
- Proficient in Megaports network operations systems and processes
- Develop relationships with engineering teams and other internal stakeholders
- Identify 3 areas of improvement and work with Network Operations Engineering Manager on implementing the improvements
What we offer
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Flexible working environment
- Cutting-edge software to drive efficient communication and collaboration
- Training and development opportunities
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunity to make a difference
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview.