This role will be part of the team working on our network automation software. Our software is the core of our business, empowering our users to control their network resources in real time. A successful applicant will work with the engineering team to deliver support and enhancements to our set of automation tools.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $1.5 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 215 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What you'll be doing
- Contributing to our existing Perl code base powering our network automation systems and internal toolset. Implement code using a modular approach with automated testing and reporting on code coverage
- Maintain current provisioning tools; additionally, improve tools by extending support for additional vendors
- Collecting, aggregating and optimising large volumes of network analytics data to determine trends and usage patterns in order to optimise network bandwidth and allocation.
- Contribute to the development of monitoring tools that show real time network usage (& historic usage data) for clients
- Documenting the processes, systems and code that you help design and build
- Evaluate new technology and provide guidance on best practices
- Participate in Megaport's agile development process
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable experience building software using Perl and frameworks like Mojolicious
- Working knowledge of using distributed datastores and NoSQL (Cassandra or similar)
- Experience working with relational databases using SQL (PostgreSQL or similar)
- Experience implementing automated testing procedures on a large scale project
- Passionate about writing reusable modular code that empowers other developers to work faster and smarter
- Strong work ethic and willingness to continuously improve yourself
- Determined to automate as much as possible so you can focus on the bigger picture
- Evangelise the benefits of creative software development within the business
- You take pride in the work you do and strive to see work through to completion
- Demonstrated collaboration and communication skills
- An ability to reason logically, question appropriately and present technical information clearly and concisely
- An agile mindset with the ability to work in a transparent and collaborative manner
- Desirable: Experience in other languages such as Python
- Desirable: Knowledge and understanding of Cloud Service Providers
- Desirable: Understanding of Networking Technologies e.g. IPv4 and IPv6 networks, ethernet switching technologies, IP routing and forwarding
- Bonus: Operational experience working with network datasets, primarily SNMP & sFlow outputs
- Bonus: An active GitHub account/examples of prior work
What we offer
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Flexible working environments
- Cutting-edge software to drive efficient communication and collaboration
- Training and development opportunities
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program and full social calendar
- Opportunity to make a difference
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview.