Reporting into the Head of Network Engineering, this role will be responsible for designing and enabling the delivery of the network and supporting services that Megaport customers rely on. A successful applicant will work closely with the existing product and engineering teams to build a highly scalable, reliable network with a focus on automation and providing elastic services to customers on demand. This includes not only the network infrastructure customers rely on but also the back-end systems and network software required to support the production platform including security, monitoring and management.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $1.5 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 215 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What You'll Be Doing
- Evaluation, testing and certification of new network hardware, systems and software
- Focusing on NFV technologies like virtual routers and l4-7 appliances.
- Running proof of concept exercises with integration partners
- Development of next generation network and systems architectures
- Documentation of design guidelines and high level architectures
- Maintain technical relationships with vendor engineering teams
- Evolving network automation and monitoring systems
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers
- Creating, maintaining and following technical procedures and documentation
- Working with internal teams to assist with deployments and operations
- Provide technical summaries to enable executive leadership team to make sound business decisions
- Last level escalation point for network operations, operations engineering and network engineering teams.
What We Are Looking For
- Passionate about technology and using technology to solve problems
- Strong background in networking and telecommunications
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Cloud Service Providers
- Experience with large scale MPLS networks
- Excellent knowledge of BGP in Corporate and Internet environments
- Proficient in use and application of at least one major hypervisor technology
- Experience writing scripts to automate tasks
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to dig into a fault to uncover the root cause
- Strong work ethic and willingness to continuously up-skill
- Desirable: Knowledge in programming languages such as Perl and Python
- Desirable: Understanding and exposure to an Agile environment
- Bonus: Operational experience working with network datasets, primarily SNMP & sFlow outputs
- Bonus: An interest in data and analysing trends
What We Offer
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Flexible working environments with remote capability
- Cutting-edge software to drive efficient communication and collaboration
- Training and development opportunities
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program and full social calendar
- Opportunity to make a difference
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview.