We're looking for a content-writer that haz it all. Did the errors in that sentence make you squirm? Well, you may be just the person we’re looking for. We’re not after just any content writer; we’re searching for a grammar nut, a spelling prodigy, a marketing whiz to join our innovative and hardworking team. You must write confidently and clearly, be a high achiever, and – most importantly – have exceptional attention to detail. Working with our global marketing team, you’ll support the production of internal and external content for sales and marketing campaigns globally and within our key regions: Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe. You will also support our social media activities through content writing and managing posts and engagements.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $1.5 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 215 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What you will be doing
- Support the writing and editing of global content across various platforms including the Megaport blog, our social media channels, third-party content sites such as Medium and LinkedIn Pulse, and more.
- Assist with creating and editing copy for regional marketing campaigns including writing for email marketing, social media posts, promotional sales collateral, educational research reports, whitepapers, fact sheets, etc.
- Write engaging, persuasive, and consistent copy as well as clearly articulate complex concepts and solutions in plain language.
- Own the proofreading and copyediting functions within the company.
- Edit, manipulate, and polish content written by individuals from various teams across the company – from Sales and Marketing to Engineering and IT.
- Assist with writing and editing internal newsletters, notices, and cultural documents.
- Improve and maintain our SEO practices for global and regional content.
- Assist with creating templates and best practices for writing for internal stakeholders.
- Participate in ideation of marketing campaigns and initiatives to educate our customer and prospect base around the globe.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications.
- 2+ years experience in a copywriting, content marketing, or communications role.
- B2B marketing/copywriting experience preferred (writing samples required, portfolio site a plus.)
- Exquisite English, grammar, spelling, and communication skills (better than everyone you know) and demonstrated exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to vary style and tone to suit the task at hand as well as proficiency in persuasive communication techniques to promote our products and services.
- Knowledge of SEO tactics and content marketing best practices.
- Proficiency in using Wordpress.
- Proficiency in using Hootsuite/Buffer or similar social media scheduling platform.
- Knowledge of best practices for posting to Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn platforms.
- Hardworking, able to learn quickly, and consistently meets tight deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills; willing to ‘jump in and get your hands dirty’ when needed.
- High degree of initiative, ownership, and accountability.
- Ability to recite the ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air’ intro – or similar weird impressive skill.
What we offer
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Flexible working environments with the ability to do your job from anywhere
- Cutting-edge software to drive efficient communication and collaboration
- Training & development opportunities
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunity to make a difference
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview.