Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team
The History & Notes team has a challenging problem to solve; how to ingest, store and serve Activity History for all of Xero’s users. With Xero’s massive growth over the last 10 years, you can imagine that it is a big problem to solve! To ensure that what we build, will be used, will be loved, and will meet our mission, we follow a "Lean Startup" mindset. We aim to discover as quickly as possible whether something will fail, or flourish, through rapid delivery and experimentation. We are a collaborative team that supports each other, and the teams around us. We are human, and we never take ourselves too seriously. We value quality and passionately care about our customers.
About the role
- Be a team player and build great working relationships with other Xeros
- Use your technical know-how and passion to deliver beautiful software in an agile team
- Help build a positive work environment where others feel confident and able to deliver great work
- Continually be open to learning and sharing your knowledge
- Give and receive honest constructive feedback
- Most importantly, have fun on this journey
- You have a passion for building great products and who thrive in a team based environment.
- Have a passion for frontend development but are not afraid to dive into the backend.
- You’re passionate about technology and delivering beautiful software.
- You’re interested in working in an agile way, with the latest tech then we would love to hear from youYou have at least 2 years of experience working in a Software Engineering position
What you'll bring with you
- SASS, CSS and HTML and an understanding of CSS modules or CSS in JS
- Exposure to backend development
- Familiar with continuous integration and automated deployment systems
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.