Who We Are
What do Airbnb, Slack and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better, along with over 3,000 other companies from around the globe, making up a community who stand together to improve the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people & culture platform.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
Culture Amp is looking for a Product Designer to join us on our mission to positively impact the world of work by creating as many culture-first companies possible through accessible people analytics. Not only is design seen as a critical part of Culture Amp’s success this is a unique opportunity where the things you create will have a genuine, positive impact on workers globally.
This role will be part of our Platform Camp which is our largest camp and is made up of several different, highly skilled teams working across our entire stack – from cross-cutting user interface and back end code to infrastructure, data science and machine learning.
As one of the members of our highly talented design practice, you will:
- Solve deep and complex problems that impact a large audience
- Talk to customers regularly to understand their pain points
- Conceive, design and prototype useful, usable, and compelling user experiences that help solve those problems
- Create user-flows, prototypes and UI designs that help solve those problems (visual design skills not essential)
- Conduct usability testing and iterate quickly towards designs that meet our users’ needs
What You Bring to Our Camp
- 4+ years working as a full-time product, UX or interaction designer (or similar role)
- Experience working collaboratively with PMs and engineers to deliver end-to-end product design, from ideation to production.
- Comfortable articulating the ‘why’, and leading discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
- You are deeply curious and passionate about people and culture. At heart, you're what we call a people geek.
Day in the Life (Realistic Job Preview)
Here at Culture Amp, we all pitch in to make things work even when some tasks don’t fall squarely within the “job description”. Don’t be surprised if you see our CEO unloading the dishwasher or our People Scientists moving furniture around to help set up a Geekup event (when we are back in the office of course!). We’re all about doing whatever it takes to amplify others and help us all be more successful. Though every role has its rewards and compelling aspects, we all have to commit to following through on some of the more challenging parts of the job. In this role, a few examples of some of the less exciting activities include:
- You will be working in a market that is constantly changing and pivoting
- Distributed office locations and customer bases, sometimes require you to be available outside of hours to talk to customers
- Distributed design practice can mean you may need to put more effort into connecting with your wider team.
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this (please don't say unprecedented again!) time, make your work schedule work for you
- 14 weeks parental leave at full pay for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.