This role sits within the Merchant Risk team, reporting directly to the Team Lead of Merchant Risk and Compliance.
The purpose of the Merchant Risk team is to ensure that on-boarded merchants are suitable for the Zip platform and that merchants operate in a manner that results in beneficial outcomes for Zip, the Consumer and the Merchant.
Day in the life as ‘Merchant Onboarding Specialist’
- Assessing merchant applications in line with our Accreditation Guidelines
- Regular communicating with the Sales team and Partner Support team regarding merchant applications and account variations
- Achieving daily individual and team KPIs and SLAs
- Collaborating with the Sales and Partner Support teams to providing continuous feedback on process improvements in the merchant onboarding function
- Supporting role in merchant risk management and risk initiatives. This includes merchant collections, compliance to the MSA, auditing and Merchant Risk projects
- Cross-skilled in merchant compliance and consumer lending
What you need to succeed
- Previous retail or commercial loan assessment experience (preferable, not essential)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound verbal and communication skills
- Strives to identify efficiencies and improvements to how we operate
- Ability to handle high work volumes and perform effectively under pressure
- Time management and ability to keep to deadlines
- Experience in multi-tasking to meet all work requirements & timeframes
- Understanding of compliance framework and regulations such as privacy, KYC & AML
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.