We've always been early adopters of modern tech and our pioneering in the data space; dbt, Airbyte, Snowflake & Looker, and the new tools and roles that are evolving alongside are no different! So feel like coming on this wild ride? Read on...
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Our mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies, and individuals.
So what is the role?
As an Analytics Engineer, your role sits at the intersection of data engineering and data analysis. You have a business mindset and a passion for working closely with stakeholders to understand their data and business needs and have a bias for action. You apply software engineering best practice to produce and maintain well documented and tested data models to empower end users’ ability to answer their own questions and drive data intensive applications. You will work closely with the data team and various stakeholders to discover new insights and develop rich feature stores that drive innovation and extend the use-cases of the data platform.
A little snapshot of your day to day:
- Partner with data analytics, product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to obtain a holistic understanding of each team’s data needs and translate this into data modelling that promotes self-service data discovery and enables a data-driven culture.
- Build models and extend 99designs’ dbt projects.
- Create reports and dashboards in Looker to surface insights to various product teams.
- Create testing and monitoring systems to ensure data quality.
- Review teammate’s code for accuracy, DRYness, and style using a distributed version control system such as Git
A little bit about you
You are a data generalist with a demonstrated history of building data models and products in a modern stack and completing data analyses in partnership with stakeholders. You love figuring out what metrics drive performance, designing the best data model to measure them, and communicating results. You have experience working in a modern data stack (dbt, Snowflake, Looker), are opinionated about how data flows through them, can write complex SQL with ease, and have used Python in ad hoc analyses or infrastructure development.
As we continue to scale, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that reflects the communities in which we operate. We want people to feel like they belong and can bring their whole selves to work. Our aim is to continue to foster a collaborative environment with a keen focus on innovation, growth and ownership. Below are just some of the things we do to support our people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you! Think paid R&D days, courses, formal and informal mentoring, conferences… however you learn best we’ve got you covered.
- Culture of workplace flexibility and wellness. Study? Parent juggling? Everyone has different needs and the business will support you in the best way we can. Some people work remotely, some with flex start and finish times...the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs.
- Support for working parents. Paid parental leave policy for both primary and secondary carers, which can be accessed part time and is in addition to government payments.
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99designs provide one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit!
- We’re also a Proud Code Like a Girl internship partner, host of Girl Geek Academy hack days, & maintain popular open source projects, and support a range of other community groups. It’s in our DNA.
Sound interesting? Apply, say hi!