At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
We’re passionate about designing product experiences which are delightful and intuitive — experiences which simplify shift work for our customers.
At Deputy, Product Designers design user experiences which are used by millions of shift workers everyday. They are involved in the whole end-to-end development cycle from the initial research and ideation through to to implementation and iteration based on user-feedback.
In this role you will:
- Be involved in user research and reaching out to customers to help us gain a deep understanding of their problems
- Work with designers, engineers and product managers to wireframe different design concepts and solutions
- Design delightful, consistent user experiences across iOS, Android and Web with the help of our design system.
- Solve problems by understanding the motivations and pain points of customers
- Create product improvements and features that distill complex requirements into simple flows and interfaces that people love
- Grow in your craft! We’re passionate about helping each other become the best designers we can be
You’ll be passionate about:
- Learning! You love receiving feedback and guidance from peers to improve your work
- Working collaboratively and sharing your ideas with other people in the team at all steps in the journey — from the initial sketches right through to testing and shipping the final product.
- Advocating for our customers and taking a customer-centric approach to design
- Exploring many different iterations and going wide to solve complex problems
- Communication, from talking to customers to collaborating internally, communication is at the heart of everything we do
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Check out why our customers love us: GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now