At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
MISSION: "THE WHY"
Product is the fuel that powers Deputy. Your mission is to work with a product development team to improve our core Deputy product that continuously simplifies shift work for our customers.
As we are a growth company, you’ll have a strong bias to innovation, growth and adapting to change.
You’ll be a natural leader and inspiring your team to solve real-world problems with innovative, elegant solutions with balanced tradeoffs.
RESPONSIBILITIES: "THE WHAT"
- You will have true end-to-end ownership of a product development team (squad) that continuously simplifies shift work for our customers
- Determine and prioritise improvements to product features
- Coordinate findings with the product team and align it with business goals
- Gather product data, including web analytics and consumer trends
- Balance customer (UX), engineering (tech) and commercial requirements and time competing priorities
- Developing & executing on a go-to-market plan for product features
- Training internal departments on new product features and providing support to customers
COMPETENCIES: “THE HOW”
- Product sense. You can articulate and identify improvements to real world products, or you may have started or conceived of a new product before
- Creative matched with analytical, critical thinking - be able listen, learn, and make meaningful clever insights from user data, competitors and market trends
- Passion and ownership to find a way to get things done and make life better for our customers
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Check out why our customers love us: GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now