Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join and a 4.8 star rating average from over 20,000 reviews. We recently closed our Series B round of $35m and are backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB ventures.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
Spriggy has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and we’re now looking for a QA Engineer to join the team. Reporting to the Delivery Manager, you will utilise your experience in QA to help build up the QA practices in the business. There’s lots of room for growth in the QA practice at Spriggy and you’ll be a key member in shaping this.
- You live and breathe QA. You love seeing quality products being delivered and you want to play a key role in this.
- You regularly use test automation tools. You enjoy automating repetitive testing tasks to reduce testing time and manual test effort.
- You believe in starting small to achieve big goals. You want to achieve big things, but you know the journey is about dozens of small wins. You want to make small incremental changes every day as you work towards your larger goals.
- You love feedback from real users and believe in short and sharp iterations to get this feedback as quickly as possible. You can’t wait to get your product out to customers to hear what they have to say. You know that a feedback loop is critical to building great products and will help drive the direction of the product.
- You’re a customer advocate. You understand the importance of user experience. You have a strong belief and understanding of user experience and are passionate about delivering quality products to a fast-growing user base using your QA engineering experience.
- You understand that the process of building great software goes beyond technical considerations. You understand the importance of working with stakeholders to get the complete picture when decision making. You’re not afraid to ask questions when things aren’t clear to you and you put all of this context together to drive your decision making process.
- You love a fast-paced environment or are keen to see what it’s like. If you’ve worked in a scale-up before you know what it’s like and love it. If you haven’t, you’re keen to try it out and see how a successful scale-up operates.
About the role:
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team led by a Product Manager. Team members may come from disciplines such as engineering, product, design, operations or analytics and operate with a sense of shared purpose.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in short, iterative sprints to achieve business objectives. We deliver to production at the end of each sprint and you’ll be doing your part to ensure this cadence is met.
- Perform QA testing across multiple teams at various stages of QA maturity. We have multiple product teams, each with their own flavour of QA. You’ll need to be flexible and willing to work in different environments while bringing together best practices to each of the teams. We’re not afraid to admit our process could be improved and you’ll be a key voice in these improvements.
- Perform some manual testing while implementing automated tests wherever suitable. You’ll need to perform manual testing to keep the ship moving, however you’ll also be heavily involved in implementing test automation in the form of integration, contract or ui tests.
- You will be familiar with Behaviour Driven Development and functional testing practices.
- Perform testing across mobile apps. There is also scope to assist with testing of our web applications and APIs.
- Currently using karate DSL for API testing and WEB UI automation and Appium + python for Mobile Automation E2E testing
In your first 3 months you will have:
- Performed manual QA across each of our products as needed
- Identified quick wins for automation and started implementing those quick wins
- Under the guidance of the Delivery Manager, identified areas for automated QA and set out a roadmap to implement
In your first 6 months you will have:
- Regularly and consistently implemented automated tests to reduce the manual testing burden
- Found ways of further improving product quality through new initiatives
- Assisted onboarding new QA engineers onto the team
- Experience in quality assurance processes
- Strong experience in manual testing and Functional testing
- Experience in quality assurance tools, especially for mobile applications
- Experience with behaviour driven test automation tools and frameworks
- Experience with object oriented programming languages and tools such as karate, postman, appium, selenium
- Experience in stakeholder communication and collaboration
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- 3-5 years of industry experience
What you’ll get:
- Work at one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintechs alongside some of the best and brightest.
- An excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- A competitive salary (and consideration for equity).
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy product and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- A flexible workplace environment.
Our team's diverse backgrounds ensure that our products talk to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.