At Honeywell Sine, we're committed to being a part of a mission that matters. Striving to develop innovative, industry-leading solutions to everyday workplace challenges. We want to make our customers’ operations safer, simpler and more secure.
That’s what gets us moving every day — we thrive on helping the largest corporates through to the local school, around the world, find easier ways to streamline their workplace, through visitor, contractor, staff and asset management.
Sine has been rolled out to thousands of companies around the world and is used at locations such as schools, sports stadiums, offices, industrial, medical, retail and commercial facilities.
Sine is a part of Honeywell Connected Enterprise. From our head office in Adelaide, South Australia we’re growing globally and have teams in the US, India and the Philippines!
As a Backend Engineer at Sine, you'll work with our cross functional teams to develop efficient and robust solutions that deliver value for our customers. Along with the wider Product Development team, you'll be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle including gathering requirements, solution design, development, testing and deployment.
What you'll do
- Work with a modern stack which includes Node, React, Postgres, Mongodb and Redis - all running in AWS.
- Design and implement robust and secure REST APIs across the Sine product suite
- Help us build microservices using Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
- Build quality software using tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket and Confluence
- Foster team development by reviewing code, providing constructive suggestions and mentoring other team members
- Apply and promote high-quality engineering practices
- Participate in agile scrum practices including sprints, software demos and continual process improvement
- Support your code throughout the software lifecycle, including monitoring its performance and functionality in production
What you'll need
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent software discipline
- 2+ years practical experience developing software solutions in a comparable software stack
- RESTFul API design
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Solid understanding of security, web standards and architecture
- Good understanding of software design principles and architecture
- Ability to understand both functional and non-functional requirements of a solution which is built for scale
Nice to have
- Experience working with Single Page Applications (SPAs)
Why work for us?
We’re a diverse, global team committed to a product and mission we believe in. We have teams and offices in Australia, the US, India and the Philippines!
We’re now a Honeywell company (Fortune 100), growing quickly and expanding into countries all over the world. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in our global growth!
We believe that everyone should love coming to work. There’s plenty of work to do, but we love to have fun along the way. Join us for Friday lunches at the pub, weekly team drinks, regular team activities, or a game of volleyball, pool and ping-pong!
We encourage innovation and creativity. We understand there’s more than one way to do things and encourage you to come up with new ideas and approaches.
Like to work in a central & accessible location close to great food, coffee, parks and bars? Our new head office is located in the heart of Adelaide - the most liveable city in Australia! Enjoy our outdoor deck and take advantage of reserved parking right next door!
Value work-life balance? So do we! Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9-5 and we offer the flexibility to work remotely, balanced with individual and business needs.
If you’re looking for a great working culture at a company building a cool product in the cloud - please apply!