We are pioneers in online gaming, with talented people and innovative, patented technology. We own and operate several market-leading brands in the largest markets in the world and have about 700 team members globally, all committed to building something amazing, pushing our boundaries and having fun in the process. We’ve been disrupting online social casino and poker gaming since 2010 and bringing fun and excitement to millions of customers. At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Data Engineering Team Lead (Squad Lead) to join our Technology team focusing on the Data Engineering space. You and your team will work to help VGW utilise and understand the massive streams of data generated by our games and players so that we can continue to identify growth opportunities and better understand our customer’s needs. You will lead your engineering squad to work collaboratively with the product owner and stakeholders to deliver business outcomes. You will be working with the latest in cloud technology and real-time data pipelines.
In terms of our tech stack, we're hosted on AWS with a fast growing S3 data lake feeding various reporting, analytics and machine learning workloads. Whilst experience with those technologies would be great, we're looking for strong problem-solving skills and the technical aptitude to pick up new concepts quickly, so don't worry if you've been working with something slightly different!
We are looking for a Data Engineering Team Lead (Squad Lead) with a real passion for all things tech and data. You must have worked in collaborative technical teams before and be comfortable learning independently. Your leadership skills are top-notch and this combined with your strong technical acumen will enable you to lead your team technically and managerially.
If you've got experience with the following, we'd love to hear from you:
- 5+ years' experience in software in large scale environments where system performance and robustness are critical
- Previous experience leading a software development team
- A collaborative approach and good communication skills
- A solid understanding of SQL and modelling data
- Hands-on experience implementing ELT (or ETL) best practices at scale with batch or streaming workloads
- Experience with containerisation, API integration and microservices
- Experience with cloud systems in AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience in DevOps, infrastructure as code and CI/CD practices
- Experience with Apache Spark a plus
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, apply now.
We’ll be in touch soon.