We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionise the way quantum technology is used by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered. They guide us in everything we do, how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. To help us do that, we’ve brought together an inspiring team of world leading physicists, engineers, product and design specialists (to name a few!). So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer at Q-CTRL, you will be responsible with assisting the development of Kubernetes-based platform for hosting cutting-edge quantum modelling and optimisation workloads. You will also help ensure that our end-to-end processes - including development, testing, deployment and maintenance - are as optimised and as code-driven as possible.
You will be joining a well-established engineering team offering you support, coaching, and mentorship. You will work closely with the Quantum Product Engineering, Front-end Engineering, Back-end Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Design teams to advocate a culture and practice of quality and continuous improvement throughout the business.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the building of a Kubernetes-based platform for running a variety of different workloads, including quantum modelling and GPU-accelerated machine learning tasks.
- Development toolchain support: CI/CD pipelines, ephemeral test environments, vulnerability scanning, and automated infrastructure-as-code deployment tooling.
- Helping ensure our applications are scalable, highly available and cloud-agnostic. We target multiple public clouds, we also may provision private infrastructure for select clients.
- Helping maintain our in-house development services, such as our private PyPI and JupyterHub services.
- Metrics, logging, analytics and alerting for performance and security across all endpoints and applications.
- Leverage both system and software engineering skills in order to address the needs of the teams.
- Be consistently learning, as staying on top of your game is part of your job.
We would love to hear from you if...
- You have full work rights in Australia (we do not offer visa sponsorship for this role).
- You have at least 2 years of experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering OR you are a skilled Software Engineer who is highly familiar with DevOps practices.
- You have worked with Kubernetes in a production environment before and have experience in using Kustomize and/or Helm.
- You have experience working with CI/CD pipelines end-to-end and on-boarding development teams to use and maintain them.
- You are extremely passionate about DevOps, SRE, and security.
- You are comfortable with AWS or GCP and you’ve used them to build things using infrastructure-as-code.
- You are comfortable coding in Go or Python.
- You know your way around a variety of Linux distributions and can troubleshoot common problems.
- You understand how applications can be built to be highly-available and scalable.
It would be fantastic, but not essential if you have:
- Familiarity with the CNCF and its various projects.
- Experience using GitOps tools such as Argo CD or Flux CD.
- Experience in creating CRDs in Kubernetes.
- Experience in configuring open source monitoring stacks such as PLG or ELK.
- Flexibility: We embrace flexibility and remote work so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
- Parental support: Family comes first. We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
- Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
- Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages!
- Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
- Well funded: We closed our series B in November 2021
- Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
- Our values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.