At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
Deputy is a successful SaaS leader in workforce management with 250K+ workplaces and over one million employees relying upon our platform.
This role will become the central point of leadership for the Data and Analytics team. The key mission of this role is to partner with other leaders to improve company performance, solve complex analytical problems and champion data-driven decision making across the organisation.
As the leader of the Data practice at Deputy, you will define the data & analytics strategy and technical work to provide descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analytics across the business. You will also ensure data security, privacy, integrity, quality, regulatory compliance, and governance program for the organization.
You will lead a team of data analysts and engineers who will uplift the Data capability and increase data-driven decision making across the business and you’ll own the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc.
- Data Champion: Champion the importance of a data culture (including the importance of data based decision making) and ensure it permeates throughout the organisation. Serve as a thought leader for the entire organisation on data & business intelligence topics.
- Set Data & Analytics Strategy: Set the vision and roadmap for the data practice at Deputy to support our growth objectives. Partner closely with the executive leadership to understand their business challenges and develop appropriate analytics, reporting and visualisation solutions to address them.
- Drive Innovation: by defining how the business creates additional value through data and analytics.
- Lead the Data practice: Lead, coach, mentor, hire and manage a team of data engineers and analysts fostering close collaborating with the business.
- Data Integrity: Ensure data security, privacy, integrity, quality, regulatory compliance and governance. Data Gathering, Data Warehousing, and Data reporting to ensure correct data is being collected with proper attributes and reported on to make smart decisions.
- Scalable Data Architecture & Models: Build scalable models for internal teams to be able understand their customers better and allocate resources. Continuously improving the business’s data analysis model, creating industry-leading performance through the leveraging of new and creative data-sources, and employing the latest in machine learning in the department.
- Deliver insights: Develop and implement advanced analytic approaches including multivariate analysis, A/B testing and journey tracking. Improve our approach to reporting & analytics through a robust continuous improvement process focused on evaluating and improving the efficacy of existing metrics as well as benchmarking best in class external standards.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborating with other managers across engineering, product, customer experience, marketing and finance you will lead a cross-functional team to solve complex problems such that data needs are being met.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & CHARACTERISTICS
- You likely have 10+ years formal professional data-related technical experience and 3+ years of experience managing people, ideally gained in innovative high-tech growth companies with outstanding talent practices.
- You have experience supporting a global business.
- BA/BS or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or other related field. A Master's Degree is highly desirable.
- A Listener and a Learner: Listen to Learn is a core value of Deputy. You actively engage with stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Ethically Grounded: Strong ethics and good character is a must.
- Strategic thinker with strong execution capabilities: Create an execution plan with tangible processes and frameworks to drive rigor and structure, and help teams adopt and repeat with high standards.
- Collaborator: Ability to engage with and facilitate strong collaboration with all key stakeholders in the business, including influencing individuals at the C-Suite or Executive level and driving strategic business decisions.
- Consultative: You excel at translating basic business problem statements into analysis requirements and working with internal customers to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
- Story Teller: Capacity to explain concepts in simple terms to broad audiences and use storytelling as a vehicle to make analytics & insight deliverables accessible and memorable.
- Team Leader: Demonstrated track record of growing and retaining high performing teams and culture in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing startup environment.
- Problem Solver: Experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets. Comfort operating in environments of high ambiguity.
- Prioritisation Skills: Ability to own the evaluation, prioritisation, and planning of data projects, and to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong technical background: Contribute to thought leadership, and demonstrate technical expertise in modern AI, analytics, Data Warehouse technologies, cloud platforms. Entailing: Understanding of structured and unstructured data; Understanding of Analytics tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Segment, Looker or Thoughtspot; Exposure to database platforms such as MySQL, DynamoDB; Exposure to cloud based data technologies such as AWS workloads, Snowflake; Exposure to data programming languages like R, Python, sql.
Does this sounds like you? Apply today!
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Check out why our customers love us: GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now