Empired focuses on providing companies with tailored IT service solutions that address their specific needs. Our organisation delivers services across two core business divisions, Managed Services and Enterprise Services. Empired provides both infrastructure and application managed services, typically structured over multiple year contracts. Enterprise services delivers consulting and project engagements that focus on delivering business outcomes through the application of leading consulting methods and the implementation of the latest technology solutions available in the market.
Our reputation of providing the most highly trained and experienced consultants along with proven methodology, processes and technology to deliver leading edge information and communication technology solutions to our clients has enabled Empired to secure engagements with a range of medium and large organisations including some of the largest enterprises in the world.
This opportunity is based the CBD and is a permanent position and requires an experienced Disaster Recovery (DR) Engineer. This role will be working within our IT Service Management (ITSM) team, with responsibility for the planning, coordination, testing and reporting of outcomes for the operation of a Disaster Recovery capabilities.
In collaboration with the ITSM Manager, you will provide capability across our customers and work with the Delivery organisation, including our and the customers Service Delivery Managers, Practice Managers, Delivery Team Leaders and Delivery Teams. The opportunity will suit a person with significant experience in a Disaster Recovery/Service Continuity Role with exposure to scheduled full and component DR planning, execution, reporting and improvement.
Working with internal and external customers and 3rd party service providers you will also be responsible for:
- Driving, developing, managing and maintaining the DR schedule, test plans, procedures and information in line with a defined process
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the DR processes by actioning continuous improvement activities.
- Producing management information, including KPIs and reports, within agreed timeframes.
- Participating in the cascading of the process and procedures across the clients and all levels within Empired.
- Ensuring that DR management and related processes based on the ITIL framework are executed consistent with established SLAs.
- Auditing records to confirm conformance to the agreed processes and quality standards.
- Collaborating with other ITSM process streams and projects.
- Providing excellent stakeholder communication around DR and the impact on Business cycles.
To be considered for the role you should have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ DR experience
- Ideally at least 2 years’ experience in a technical role (Server, Desktop, SAN or Networking)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A customer focus with excellent attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- ITIL Foundation or V3
Application Details: Apply now or call Steve on 0456 444 094 ASAP!
Apply for this position