We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial wellbeing.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
About the role
As an Engineering Manager in our Customer Core team you will lead a high-performing team of Engineers to deliver the Customer Core product roadmap. You will develop, grow and support the engineering squad: promote a high-performance culture, drive delivery and outcomes. In this role you will coach engineering best-practices, perform architectural design, help your team solve complex problems as well as collaborate with the Product Manager and Designer to discover and validate problems to ensure solutions can balance between long term ambitions and near term goals.
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- Passion for people management and growth
- Ability to coach and bring the best out of others
- Technical excellence across design principles and code quality
- Focus on operational maturity and effective delivery
- Comfortable challenging directly whilst caring personally
- Ability to balance outcomes for customers, the team and the business
- Flexibility, an open mind, curiosity and passion for learning
- Ability to jump between empathising with a customer problem and designing an engaging solution
- Curiosity in understanding payment problems in various industries where people spend every day
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.