Megaport requires an experienced Enterprise Architect in order to guide and deliver enterprise Information Technology (IT) solutions that account for business, regulatory, data governance, and information security requirements in line with the strategic vision and operating methods of the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Security & Information, the role will work closely with cross business resources e.g., project management, business analysts, scrum masters, R&D, product development, and other business stakeholders in order to define and execute information technology strategy across the enterprise. This will involve architecture and design of solutions to business needs and ensuring integration with existing systems.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $2 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 230 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Defining and executing an enterprise IT strategy and roadmap for the use and improvement of IT.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate architecture models and plans for the business;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of IT capabilities and trends.
- Establish the mechanisms for identifying, evaluating, and responding to emerging business requirements.
- Improving the current IT infrastructure, optimising business processes, and improving efficiency.
- Improve the efficiency of IT delivery processes and experience.
- Effective and secure solutions architecture, design, and integration with existing systems.
- Delivering solutions by initiating project or change in order to deliver specific outcomes
- Defining processes for uniform design and delivery functions across the enterprise.
- Engage stakeholders and incorporate technical, governance, and regulatory design requirements.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Experience working with Google (G-Suite & Cloud), Azure, AWS.
- AWS and Azure Solutions Architect certifications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
- Certification in an industry-recognised architecture framework (e.g., TOGAF, FEAF, Zachman)
- Information Security and Data Governance frameworks and best-practices.
- Experience with solutions architecture in mixed on-premise and cloud environments.
- Experience with information security frameworks and secure design best-practices.
- 3+ years' experience defining and implementing strategies under a CIO or equivalent.
- A bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field is highly regarded.
- Extensive experience with enterprise architecture best practices and goals.
- Experience in modelling and graphic representations.
What We Offer
- Flexible working environments
- Birthday Leave
- Generous study and training allowance + development opportunities + 5 days paid study leave
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities for career growth and potential for global intra-company transfers for interested candidates
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview
Strictly no Recruitment Agencies please.