We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 12 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As a Full Stack Engineer in our Wallet Experience team, you'll get to work with a passionate group that delivers quickly and loves to write quality, reusable code. You'll be someone who primarily loves to code, but also enjoys contributing to architectural discussions and being a collaborative member of an epic team.
What you'll own and support:
- Promote a high-performance culture
- Craft and deploy high quality software, as part of your squad.
- Write code that is clean, highly maintainable and well tested
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems to ensure best practice is maintained
- Contribute to the product roadmap of new and innovative products
- Improve the codebase, and make suggestions on where we can improve further
- Collaborates with the other Engineers, Engineering manager and Product Manager in a triad to discover and validate technical problems
- Ensure solutions can balance between long term ambitions and near term goals
- Contributes across teams to core and side projects
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- Technical excellence across design principles and code quality
- Focus on operational maturity and effective delivery
- Comfortable challenging directly whilst caring personally
- Ability to balance outcomes for customers, the team and the business
- Flexibility, an open mind, curiosity and passion for learning
- Ability to jump between empathizing with a customer problem and designing an engaging solution
Your skills & experience:
- Some experience in Kotlin and RESTful APIs
- Experience with any front end framework - React, Angular or Vue
- Experience on SQL and NoSQL storage solutions
- Experience on AWS, Kubernetes
- Experience with microservice and event-based architectures - Kafka or similar
- Experience on Agile Development, Design Patterns, TDD and Gitflow
- Experience with GitLab/Bitbucket
- Experience with Terraform, Newrelic and Kibana
Bonus points for:
- Experience in C#, .Net Core and/or NodeJS
- Knowledge of payment gateways
We’re proud to be a values-led business. Our values form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better today than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● Paid birthday and volunteering leave
● Mental health and wellbeing program
● Virtual yoga and meditation classes
● Epic office with a casual dress code
● Fun team with high-growth hustle
● Remote working allowance
● Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.