Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
As Head of Corporate IT, you will be accountable for providing IT services and overseeing the digital workplace for Tyro’s multiple locations. Your team will enable our people to perform their best work through the use of technology.
With an upcoming, exciting office move to a new and larger location in Sydney, you will play a key role in ensuring a smooth and easy transition of the relocation of our internal systems and digital workplace. You will be leading a team of 12 Systems and Desktop Engineers and working very closely with key stakeholders across the business to ensure that the IT systems that our people rely on are fit for purpose and cost effective.
What you'll be doing
- Accountable for all of Tyro’s corporate IT services including all end user computing for both Windows and Mac
- Developing and implementing corporate IT policies and best practice guides
- Working closely with all departments to make sure all their internal corporate IT needs are met
- Making sure the team is providing the best customer service experience possible to the business
- Conducting regular system audits
- Working closely with the security team to secure the corporate IT environment
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades and migrations
- Managing and reporting on allocation of corporate IT budget
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
What we're looking for
- Significant experience leading internal IT teams
- You know what you are talking about, you have excellent technical skills and communication skills to match
- You are an analytical problem solver and a calm voice of reason, thriving in a constantly changing environment
- You enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and you can lead from the front with enthusiasm and energy
- You coach and mentor your team to help them continuously improve and meet their own professional development goals
- You have experience in a fast growth company that delivers mission critical 24/7 services
- You have experience in incident and problem management methodologies
- You value openness, transparency and visibility.
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.