OFX is continuing to hire most interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. We welcome conversations around flexible working arrangements for this role. Please indicate in the application questions what working arrangements would be your preference.
Hello. We’re OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Since launching on Sydney’s Northern Beaches twenty years ago, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We’re now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 400 employees with offices in Sydney, London, Dublin, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: ‘OFX’).
Purpose of your role
The Junior Information Architect position is a key role that is responsible for organising Product information and establishing standards for the communication and maintenance of both functional and technical information. The role will be responsible for establishing information structure across corporate wiki’s, chat forums, and written documentation. The role will require strong communication skills and interaction with both product and delivery teams to set standards and co-ordinate activities to organise existing information. This role will also require excellent technological skills and an ability to drive operational change. This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
What you do
- Implement information architecture plans by understanding Product and Delivery team “ways of working” and team needs
- Translate user behaviour and habits into structures and elements which make it easy to find and access key information
- Work closely with product managers, business analysis, engineering leads, and delivery leads in order to design the most effective structures and methods for sharing information
- Study user feedback in order to establish processes to continuously improve the way information is maintained and communicated
- Meet with focus groups in order to understand how users consume, label, and categorise various bits of data
- Plan and manage implementation of changes to information structures
- Update knowledge base by attending additional training courses, team ceremonies and other key planning sessions executed by the teams
What you bring
- Looking for junior candidates or graduates with an analytical mind who are looking to start a career in Information Technology and Product delivery
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Ability to analyse and organise multiple sources of information spread across Confluence, Box, and Teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- An interest in, and basic understanding of, agile product delivery
- Extremely well organised with strong time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to think on your feet and learn quickly
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, communication tools such as Confluence, Teams, GoogleDocs, and Jira
What it's like working at OFX
We’re OFXers because we want to make a difference. We see challenges as opportunities and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves to get stuff done. We’re committed to making things easier for our clients, pushing boundaries and continuing to move with the times so that we can continue to inspire confidence every day and through every transaction.
We operate as one team, cross-functionally and globally to drive outcomes that deliver excellence for our customers. We're curious self-starters who love learning and sharing our knowledge with others. We embrace change and use our initiative and resilience to overcome challenges.
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition, OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers’ effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards.
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual Make a Difference (Volunteer) Day, that OFXers can use together or individually.
- We have a strong and diverse workforce and we're committed to further developing this workplace culture to create an environment of trust, mutual respect and teamwork. We're proud of the breadth of cultural diversity represented by our employees and we aim to celebrate this each year by engaging in employee activities across our offices.
- Always keep learning. Drive your own learning with LinkedIn learning, which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and encourage cross functional and soft skill learning.
- We take pride in having a work/life balance and flexibility; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently. Our OFXers enjoy Birthday leave to celebrate their birthday however they choose.
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organise events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it’s participating in our team social events, end of year celebrations (currently being hosted virtually). Our team wants you to feel welcome!