Clipchamp is the go-to video platform with one simple mission: to empower anyone to tell stories worth sharing. Since 2016 we’ve attracted over 17 million registered users globally and counting, and that’s only the beginning. We've now joined Microsoft's Office Media Group (OMG) - to empower every person and organisation to achieve more with media!
Building and maintaining strong connections across location and time is critical in the world we live in, and the emotional power of media – video, audio, and photos – makes it perfect for fostering personal connections and sharing information.
Our in-browser platform gives users access to professional video editing tools and features alongside a 1 million asset-strong stock library and hundreds of editable video templates. We're the go-to platform that's built with everyday editors and creators in mind.
About the Team
While Clipchamp is predominantly based in Australia, OMG is a global team, with offices in four countries. Joining Clipchamp, means you'll join a team of colleagues who live all around the world. We’re committed to each team member feeling connected, regardless of where they work and live.
Our video editing experience lives completely in-browser, which means pushing the boundaries of what web technologies can do. We hold a high bar for performance and user experience and invest in unique technologies like in-browser file caching, video composition, and video encoders.
Our frontend codebase is built on React, TypeScript, WebAssembly, ServiceWorkers, and WebGL. On the backend we use Python and are introducing C# for native apps and services. We deploy code to production daily, supported by a culture of automated testing and our dedicated engineering productivity team.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be:
- Contributing to the development custom solutions, ranging from new assets to new APIs
- Collaborating with team members to find best solutions and potential opportunities for end-users and enterprise customers
- Engineering solutions for integrations and seamless user experiences in small cross-functional teams
Who we’re looking for:
- 1 year demonstrated experience in both frontend and backend development
- A motivated individual with an active Github account, you love to code, and it shows!
Bonus points if you love:
- Online video and contributing to the technically challenging problems we’re solving
- Maxing out what browsers can do, that’s what we’re about! We were told you can’t build a video editing platform in browser, including encoding the final video – but we did
- Proficienct with Python and/or modern web technology stack
- Experience with authentication, cloud computing and cloud storage
Please note: All new employees of OMG/Clipchamp will be required to partake in a background check.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#Clipchamp #OMG #Office Media Group
#Australia #Sydney #Melbourne #Brisbane #Perth #Darwin #Hobart #New Zealand #Remote