Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
An exciting opportunity has come up for a full time position in the Know Your Customer (KYC) Operations Team. Our KYC Operations team is one of the most critical teams at Airwallex.
As a leader in this team you will support our KYC analysts & senior analysts who are one of the first points of contact for our new potential customers, assisting them with their applications in order to open an Airwallex account. Our team is responsible for performing the required KYC screenings on customers, documenting the information obtained on the client's as required by Australian KYC regulations.
Your duties will be focused on providing KYC Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to the team, responding to escalation, and managing and executing our Learning & Development (L&D) program.
To be familiar with the work our team does you need to be willing to ‘get on the tools’ and work on cases. This means you will be expected to liaise with customers via email to ensure they have a smooth onboarding experience, collecting key information (data entry) and helping execute our global operations processes, just like our analysts and senior analysts. You will act as a point of escalation for our team so it's important you have a detailed understanding of our KYC processes and how we interact with customers.
For this role we are looking for someone who has solid experience in KYC operations and has a deep understanding of the Australian Anti-Money Laundering / Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) regulatory landscape. As we expand this function globally, we are looking for a dedicated, proactive, high-energy individual who has a passion for great customer experiences, protecting the community and wants to work at Australia’s tech unicorn.
- You are a KYC expert - you have a passion for detecting AML/CTF risk and ensuring the community is protected against bad actors and you are able to share this knowledge and experience with the team.
- You are a lifelong learner and encourage the same in others - you are able to proactively identify and work to improve gaps in your own knowledge and that of the team. You can develop and implement L&D programs that effectively upskill current and new team members.
- You are focused on a great customer experience – when you interact with customers you want to resolve problems as soon and as efficiently as possible to ensure a great customer experience. You also critically analyse operational processes and proactively work to improve the CX where you see opportunities.
- You have an investigative nature - you know when to dive a little deeper to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it. You ask the right questions and make risk based decisions and help the team to continue developing the same skill.
- You are a great communicator – you can provide clear, concise information to stakeholders; helping to cut through the regulatory jargon and ensuring team members understand the ‘why’ of KYC. You can advocate for the importance of strong KYC processes in a rapidly growing business.
- You are a great team player – you’ll be working with people across diverse global offices and will need to work collaboratively with them.
What you bring:
- AML/KYC knowledge & experience is a must! We are looking for an expert who is well placed to support a growing team with their SME knowledge.
- Excellent focus on attention to detail with the ability to work and make decisions in a fast paced environment.
- A passion for L&D - experience in designing and implementing KYC L&D programs is preferred but not a requirement.
- A knack for identifying process improvement opportunities and an ability to work with various stakeholders to implement changes.
- The willingness to learn new Compliance processes and develop skills at a fast pace.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.