Ento is on the hunt for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join our first-rate engineering team! You will be instrumental in driving our AWS infrastructure uplift which will underpin our massive 2021 growth plans.
You’ll make regular and meaningful contributions to the success of Ento, supporting our engineers with automation and platform improvements all while creating a streamlined development experience.
We’re all about innovative and process improvement, so we’re looking for an ambitious engineer who wants to bring their skills and technical nous to an agile, nimble environment!
Ento is a Melbourne based SaaS start-up building a workforce success platform that enables enterprises to automate, engage, optimise and succeed with their large shift-based workforces.
The industry we exist in is inherently complex but the market demands simplicity. Our tech team thrives on this challenge by balancing flexibility and power with speed and beauty.
Our approach to flexible work
We have the option to work a compressed fortnight. This means working slightly longer days (8.4 hours) over nine days so that every second Friday is an RDO. That’s right - three day weekend every other week!
If you love your home setup, you can work from home at least 50% of the time. You’ll always have a desk in our office, but outside of two days each week, you’ll be free to work from home should you wish.
Like flexibility to drop off kids? Or maybe early mornings just aren’t your thing! We’re all about that. We have core hours where the whole team is working, we aim to have our meetings during this time so the rest can be focus time, but outside of that you can start and finish when you please.
We also recognise that everyone is a little different and sometimes you’ll need flexible arrangements that suit your situation. We’ll happily discuss your needs and if we can make it work we will!
An experienced engineer, you are passionate about exploring new tech, taking the lead on educating the wider team on security and scalability.
Solving complex problems and designing elegant solutions is your bread and butter. You take pride in knowing that your solutions are scalable and will support future growth.
With an entrepreneurial mindset, you’ll love working on modern technology and be keen on leading a smart, capable and high-performing team.
What you'll do
- Take ownership of the continual uplift and delivery of our AWS infrastructure
- Ensure our AWS based infrastructure delivers a stable and performant service to our customers
- Lead a cross-functional squad of awesome engineers
- Contribute to our platform improvement road map and support new product development
- Be an advocate for security compliance across the team
- Work with the engineering team on deep architecture solving big business problems
- Support the design and build of evolving CI/CD practices
- Coach and mentor on coding and designing for the cloud
- Ensure our tooling and infrastructure remains fit for purpose and supports an enterprise experience
- Participate in an on-call roster providing after hours support to our customers
- Proven DevOps experience in production environments, including backup/recovery, monitoring and alerting
- Strong cloud skills with AWS core services (IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, Route53, Fargate, ECS, ECR, S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Lambda)
- Established knowledge across InfluxDB, Docker, Redis, MySQL, DNS, SSL, Apache, NodeJS
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team or coaching / mentoring other team members
- Understanding of Infrastructure-as-a-code approach and prior experience implementing automated AWS resource management with tools like Terraform, CloudFormation or CDK
- Complex understanding of security principles and AWS best practices (AWS security policy & IAM)
- Solid experience in building and maintaining Docker images
- Proven ability to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines with Travis/AWS CodePipeline and CodeBuild
- Experience with Agile/Lean/Kanban methodologies
What's on offer
- Be at the forefront of architecting and delivering a modern, scalable and performant SaaS product
- Awesome culture - we are big on things like respect, transparency, curiosity, intelligence, consistency and finishing - we really like to get things done
- Great tech, all the tools to do your job well and opportunities to contribute to the continual improvement of Ento as a business and as a product
- An amazing office aesthetic - we have light and airy offices with everything you could ask for - 3-phase coffee machine, ping-pong tables and a fully stocked kitchen
- We pull off the impossible and you’ll love working with us!