At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
As the owner of our product analytics function, you will work directly with senior leadership and product managers on user behaviour and other commercial queries around our business and growth. You will get exposure to key commercial business decisions, Data Engineering, Analytics and Presentation. Supporting the vision, priorities, strategy and execution for data and analytics landscape across the entire company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As a Lead Analyst you will play a pivotal role in our global strategy and execution, and you’ll have the opportunity to work with stakeholders from all over our business, particularly Product, Engineering and Design teams
- Internal customer-facing role working with the Product Managers and other key stakeholders on delivering insights and establishing repeatable processes for data lifecycle and data consumption
- Help us deliver great, data-rich content pieces
- Deputy has millions of data points on how shift-work businesses run and we need your help in turning those into insights that can help our client business run and grow effectively
- Help oversee reporting of the business’s performance and monitor trends in key business KPIs, providing valuable insights to relevant departments aiding business performance improvement
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders as well as departmental leaders and executives fostering a relationship of trust and playing an advisory role in the use of data to improve performance and product strategy formulation
- Perform data analysis to support our business strategy, creating insightful reports around product usage, uncovering insights/trends in user behaviour and product feature usage across all web and app platforms
HOW YOU'LL DO IT
- 5ish years experience in a Data Analytics role
- Logical thinker with business acumen - able to think commercially
- Demonstrable mastery of SQL (we use Snowflake)
- Strong communication and relationship building skills. You will be the primary provider of data-driven tools and insights for the product team
- Experience with BI data viz platforms like Tableau, Chartio, or similar, and possibly more customised data viz through Python or R
- Team Player - results-driven individual, highly creative and analytical, a strategic thinker, having an ability to work comfortably in a collaborative setting, comfortable working with top leadership and executives, highly organised, and an ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Statistics - knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, classification, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.)
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Check out why our customers love us: GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now