What you'll do:
- Serve as a PR subject matter expert for the Australian market
- Develop and implement PR strategies and publicity campaigns that build buzz and awareness via traditional and emerging channels, as well as contribute to driving traffic to the Airtasker platform and SEO backlinking
- Execute on a new government & investor relations strategy and develop a plan that is aligned with Airtasker’s corporate goals (now that we’re publicly listed on the ASX!)
- Nurture and develop relationships with print & online publishers, bloggers, editors, journalists, government agencies and more to earn tier-1 media and content placements
Develop innovative, creative and unique pitches and approaches to journalists, bloggers and influencers from varying backgrounds - consumer, business and emerging media channelsAdopt & document an experimentation approach to PR (test-learn-refine)
- Research content ideas, trending new stories, online channels and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Identify and create newsworthy content opportunities, including newsjacking opportunitiesCollect, monitor and analyse PR quantity/quality metrics, website metrics, and make improvements accordingly. Report back on the success of campaigns to stakeholders
- Manage an annual awards & speaking calendar for Airtasker’s experts and spokespeople
- Manage media contact lists across a variety of subjects, outlets, publications and mediums.
- Foster a relationship with a local PR agency
What it takes to be successful in this role:
5+ years in Public Relations, experience working in a PR agency (experienced Senior Account Manager /emerging Account Director) or in-house (PR Comms Managers)
- A brand/client portfolio with data-led research, tech, startups or reporting into a Global HQ is highly desirable.
- Be as comfortable pitching in to Daily Mail as you are fostering relationships with government agencies.
- Experience managing a strong network of media contacts, and managing multiple agency partnerships
- An understanding of the principles of investor relations
- Strong understanding of digital PR and SEODemonstrates a high understanding of the consumer & media landscape in Australia
- High level of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Time management and priority management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Passion for startups
- Creativity and desire to innovate
Attention to detail - strong copywriting and editing skills
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills/experience