What you'll do:
- As a Principal Engineer, you’ll be raising the bar for our engineering function with your technical mastery, obsession for learning and seeing beyond conventional thinking.
- Owning the hardest, most important architectural problems that the company faces, make impossible things possible, and difficult things easy. Foster collaboration across leadership, engineering, product and design teams to build scalable solutions
- Being the instigator of experimentation, new technologies, better practices, improving processes, and being the force of innovation
- Provide mentoring and stewardship to engineers Building new features for the platform, owning the development of your solutions and participating in code reviews
What it takes to be successful in the role:
- A technologist with a rich legacy of leading technical projects to achieve significant impact for the business
- Full agnostic approach to software engineering with a serious passion to learn and keeping abreast with new and emerging technology
- Knowledge and exposure to the full software development life-cycle
- Deep experience of designing world class scalable architecture
- Provide mentoring and stewardship to software engineers
- Effective collaborator with both non-technical and technical team members
On our wish list:
- Exposure to container based microservices architecture, distributed computing, CI/CD environments, and RPC protocols such as gRPC or Thrift.
- Experimentation and data informed approach to solving problems
- Contribute to the open source community
- Interest in the startup and technology community
Problems we’re solving:
- Advancing the security of our platform with a more mature authentication system
- Improving our communications with our users with better, more intelligent, systems
- Creating the infrastructure and architecture patterns to support our growth us well into the future
- Expanding our platform to the United States
- Creating a new Tasker Listings service to allow taskers to inspire others in what can be done on the platform
- Improving our incentive systems to support better behaviour and encourage taskers to earn more money on the platform
What you'll love:
- Competitive compensation package
- Visa, PR sponsorship and relocation support
A culture of context, not control -
we believe that empowering people through Airtasker starts with empowered people within Airtasker.
- Flexible workplace environment -
we embrace flexible working to support different life stages and lifestyle preferences.
Learning and development -
as humans, we never stop growing - we believe feedback is a gift, and provide allowances to empower you to identify learning that is right for you
Progressive parental leave policies -
we believe that feeling supported to stay connected to both your professional and personal self when raising a family is vital in bringing your best self to work.
- Airtasker credits -
Whether it’s help around the home or planning your next date night, use $1000 worth of credits every year to help you get more done.
Connection and celebration -
From local “social-cell” events near your house, kids parties in the office, to mega yacht cruises on the harbour - we work hard, and celebrate connecting as people.
- Dog friendly office
- say hello to Harvey, Bruce, and Teddy!
At Airtasker we believe in culture add - that each person is different and has their own background, learnings and unique experiences that can add to the Airtasker cultural tapestry. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.