At Airtasker, our mission is to empower people to realise the full value of their skills. Our marketplace creates jobs and earning opportunities for people all over Australia and internationally, leveraging skills that they might not have previously known could provide them an income.
Airtasker’s Product function is expanding, with our 2025 Product vision in place, we are looking for a Product Designer to join the team at this exciting time.
Product Designers at Airtasker are involved in all aspects of the product from start to finish and are a core part of our Product team, together with their Product Manager, Tech Lead and Data Analyst.
They are responsible for ensuring that the product meets both business and user needs, and that the product experience is one that is functional, reliable, usable and delightful.
What You'll Do:
- Use user research and analytics to help inform your work and to frame and articulate the design problem to solve
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, exploring wide and delivering polished designs
- Ideate, hypothesise and prototype ideas quickly to assess their viability
- Collaborate with engineers to ship high-quality, delightful and bug-free products
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed
- Participate and present your work to peers and design leadership for feedback
- Collaborate with designers across the team to raise the quality bar and improve our design team processes, principles and tooling
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- A competent end-to-end designer with a strong design process, eye for visual design and an effective communicator.
- Native (iOS / Android) experience
- Experience conducting user research activities and synthesising results into actionable insights
- Creative problem solving
- Comfortable prioritising and managing multiple projects
- Proficient in Figma
- Customer-centric approach
- Positive attitude with a can-do mentality
- Growth mindset and a willingness for continuous improvement
What you'll love:
Competitive compensation packages
A culture of context, not control - we believe that empowering people through Airtasker starts with empowered people within Airtasker.
The engagement of our workforce - 90% of our employees have stated that they are proud to work for Airtasker!
We are agile and innovative in the way we work and how we grow - we believe in a growth mindset and trying new things.
Flexible workplace environment - we embrace flexible working to support different life stages and lifestyle preferences.
Learning and development - as humans, we never stop growing - we believe feedback is a gift, and provide allowances to empower you to identify learning that is right for you.
Progressive parental leave policies - we believe that feeling supported to stay connected to both your professional and personal self when raising a family is vital in bringing your best self to work.
Access to wellbeing support - we want to ensure that you have all the support you need to prioritise your mental health and wellbeing, so that you can bring your best self to work. To this end, you'll be given full access, via our EAP, to regular 1:1 counselling with mental health and wellbeing specialists.
Airtasker credits - whether it’s help around the home or planning your next date night, use $1,100 worth of credits every year to help you get more done.
Connection and celebration - from local “social-cell” events near your house, kids parties in the office, to mega yacht cruises on the harbour - we work hard, and celebrate connecting as people.
Dog friendly office - say hello to Harvey, Bruce, and Teddy!
At Airtasker we believe in culture add - that each person is different and has their own background, learnings and unique experiences that can add to the Airtasker cultural tapestry. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
To all recruitment agencies and talent suppliers: Airtasker does not accept unsolicited resumes. Airtasker is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings or directly to our managers. If you are on our supplier list and have terms in place, ensure you work alongside our internal TA team and do not send resumes directly to managers.