What you'll do
- Build a compelling 6 month view of your team’s strategy, and roadmap that meet Airtasker’s company objectives and solve concurrent customer problems
- Lead your team’s functional leads throughout the research phase of the Product Development Lifecycle (PDL) for an assigned problem space or objective, and ensure that we’re prioritising the right tools and activities to efficiently disambiguate said problem space and get to the root cause
- Build context on the problem space by analysing behavioural and transactional data (leveraging Amplitude, Google Analytics, Tableau, Optimizely, HotJar, etc.), “getting out of the building” and speaking to customers to understand them and deeply empathise with the problem we’re looking to solve
- Collaborate with the rest of product, engineering and design throughout the Design phase of our PDL and leverage your deep knowledge of the problem space to ensure the solutions designed are fit for purpose.
- Determine the key leap-of-faith assumptions for our solution, and lead the functional leads in crafting an MVP that tests those assumptions.
- Create a measurement plan for the solution in collaboration with Data, and ensure user tracking is in place to get meaningful learnings from the MVP
- Support the cross-functional team throughout the Deliver phase of the PDL by further context sharing, making tactical decisions about scope and functionality, and removing operational or organisational blockers
- Evangelise your team’s work and share their journey, and learnings along the way, with leadership and the broader organisation via crisp product documents, compelling storytelling and creative usage of bite-sized info blocks such as GIF recordings, conversion funnels, and customer testimonials.
- Prepare stakeholders (e.g. Airsupport, Finance and Legal) for upcoming releases and help craft product announcement emails, FAQ pages and blog posts.
- Contribute to Airtasker’s internal Product Management philosophy and culture, proactively sharing learnings and stories of both success and failure.
What it takes to be successful in the role
- Good understanding of the dynamics and of two-sided Marketplace
- Growth and Experimentation acumen
- Intimate understanding of our Product Development Lifecycle, its different stages and the respective supporting documents
- Strong understanding of modern Product Management concepts and practices (Product Discovery techniques, hypothesis validation etc.)
- Good understanding of UX and UI best practices.
- Working knowledge of our engineering process, as well as our tech stack and our high-level system architecture.
- Good knowledge of hot products, start-ups and emerging trends in the broader tech world.
Problems were trying to solve
- Improve marketplace liquidity by driving user growth, both for taskers and listers
- Improve existing users behaviour on the platform by working closely with our data and design teams and then through experimentation with incentives.
What you'll love
- Competitive compensation package
- Visa, PR sponsorship and relocation support
A culture of context, not control -
we believe that empowering people through Airtasker starts with empowered people within Airtasker.
- Flexible workplace environment -
we embrace flexible working to support different life stages and lifestyle preferences.
Learning and development -
as humans, we never stop growing - we believe feedback is a gift, and provide allowances to empower you to identify learning that is right for you
Progressive parental leave policies -
we believe that feeling supported to stay connected to both your professional and personal self when raising a family is vital in bringing your best self to work.
- Airtasker credits -
Whether it’s help around the home or planning your next date night, use $1000 worth of credits every year to help you get more done.
Connection and celebration -
From local “social-cell” events near your house, kids parties in the office, to mega yacht cruises on the harbour - we work hard, and celebrate connecting as people.
- Dog friendly office
- say hello to Harvey, Bruce, and Teddy!
At Airtasker we believe in culture add - that each person is different and has their own background, learnings and unique experiences that can add to the Airtasker cultural tapestry. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.