Airtasker is one of Australia’s fastest growing tech companies. Our mission is to empower people to realise the full value of their skills. Our marketplace creates jobs and earning opportunities for people all over Australia and internationally, leveraging skills that they might not have previously known could provide them an income.
Recently listed on the ASX, we’ve created over $1.4bn in job opportunities since we started, and are looking for an awesome Product Manager to join our team.
Here at Airtasker, our Product Team is dedicated to making local services commerce effortless for everyone. We partner with engineering, design, analytics, marketing and more to connect people who need work done with people who want to work. Together, we deliver a simple experience for Customers to buy local services and create flexible work opportunities for Taskers.
The Marketplace Dynamics teams at Airtasker make sure that Airtasker's marketplace runs like a well oiled machine. We are looking for a seasoned PM to own the Discovery and Tasker Listing Experience teams. Our Discovery team focuses on the Customer side of our marketplace, ensuring that Customers can find what they are looking for, whilst the Tasker Listing Experience team operates on the Tasker side of our marketplace, allowing our Taskers to openly advertise their skills and be booked directly by Customers.
What you'll do:
- Guide your cross-functional team through the research phase of the Product Development Lifecycle (PDL) for your assigned problem space
- Build context and generate insights on the problem space by analysing behavioural and transactional data, including speaking to customers to deeply empathise with the problem we are looking to solve
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team throughout the design phase of our PDL, leveraging your deep knowledge of the problem space to ensure the solutions designed are fit for purpose
- Determine the key leap-of-faith assumptions for our solution, and guide the team in crafting an MVP that tests those assumptions
- Create a measurement plan for the solution in collaboration with the Data team
- Support the cross-functional team throughout the delivery phase of the PDL by further context sharing, making tactical decisions about scope and functionality, and removing operational or organisational blockers
- Share information of your team's journey with the ELT and the broader organisation
- Prepare stakeholders (e.g. Support, Finance and Legal) for upcoming releases and help craft product announcement emails, FAQ pages and blog posts
- Contribute to Airtasker’s internal Product Management philosophy and culture, proactively sharing learnings and stories of both success and failure
What it takes to be successful in the role:
- 4+ years in Product Management, ideally with experience in a marketplace business
- Strong understanding of modern Product Management concepts and practices, and the ability to apply those throughout the PDL
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are informed by data as well as user research
- Good understanding of UX and UI best practices
- Experimentation acumen - knack for testing and measuring ideas early and often
- Skills to break down and solve complex problems by crafting customer-first solutions
- Excellent strategy setting skills
- Systems thinker - what are the potential 2nd order consequences of a change in a metric?
- The ability to find the story in the numbers
- Growth and experimentation mindset
What you'll love:
Competitive compensation packages
A culture of context, not control - we believe that empowering people through Airtasker starts with empowered people within Airtasker.
The engagement of our workforce - 90% of our employees have stated that they are proud to work for Airtasker!
We are agile and innovative in the way we work and how we grow - we believe in a growth mindset and trying new things.
Flexible workplace environment - we embrace flexible working to support different life stages and lifestyle preferences.
Learning and development - as humans, we never stop growing - we believe feedback is a gift, and provide allowances to empower you to identify learning that is right for you.
Progressive parental leave policies - we believe that feeling supported to stay connected to both your professional and personal self when raising a family is vital in bringing your best self to work.
Access to wellbeing support - we want to ensure that you have all the support you need to prioritise your mental health and wellbeing, so that you can bring your best self to work. To this end, you'll be given full access, via our EAP, to regular 1:1 counselling with mental health and wellbeing specialists.
Airtasker credits - whether it’s help around the home or planning your next date night, use $1,100 worth of credits every year to help you get more done.
Connection and celebration - from local “social-cell” events near your house, kids parties in the office, to mega yacht cruises on the harbour - we work hard, and celebrate connecting as people.
Dog friendly office - say hello to Harvey, Bruce, and Teddy!
At Airtasker we believe in culture add - that each person is different and has their own background, learnings and unique experiences that can add to the Airtasker cultural tapestry. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture, and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
To all recruitment agencies and talent suppliers: Airtasker does not accept unsolicited resumes. Airtasker is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings or directly to our managers. If you are on our supplier list and have terms in place, ensure you work alongside our internal TA team and do not send resumes directly to managers.