Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
As the Product Marketing Operations Manager, you will be a critical execution partner to the Product Marketing team - you will be the key shaper and influencer of the business process activities for a globally distributed, rapidly growing team of busy, ambitious and creative professionals.
One of your key motivations will be to remove business process work from the Product Marketing leadership team. You’ll be freeing the Product Marketing team to focus on their own areas of functional expertise, enabling them to work smarter and get more done. You will constantly be looking for and removing friction from processes. Furthermore you’ll be a critical enabler of Product Marketing forming a customer-level view of all the initiatives within individual product teams, so that we can get a holistic view of our offering to Small Businesses and Accountants/Bookkeepers. This is crucial to connect the Product and Customer organisations within our business, greasing the wheels of go-to-market.
You’ll also be a finger on the pulse for how we are executing against our plans, and provide an escalation path where expectations need to be managed.
What you’ll do
- Make it easy for all of us to get the right stuff done:
- Be responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the Product Marketing operating rhythm, including setting up and driving key processes to get work done across Xero
- Identify and act autonomously on opportunities for process improvement and productivity enhancement with the aim of lowering process overheads as our team size increases
- Work with Product Marketing LT to create artefacts (customer value roadmaps, frameworks, reporting etc) that capture and clearly articulate the value of our strategic initiatives and creates visibility plus engagement for the wider Xero business
- Design and implement scalable solutions which constantly increase efficiency
- Develop the rigour and improvements around our inputs into GTM process at Xero
- Coordinate EGM and XLT level reporting with the product marketing team, including weekly, monthly, quarterly status reports for initiatives and OKRs
- Be accountable for the structure, relevance, usefulness and freshness of the team’s internal and external communication tools e.g. Slack. Roadmunk, Asana, websites etc
- Manage and facilitate leadership team operating rhythms (ie weekly, monthly, quarterly meetings, workshops and team meetings) including developing agendas, coordinating development of relevant assets, capturing actions and ensuring follow ups
- Partner with Learning and Development to coordinate team wide training; growing capability particularly among people leaders
- Keeping a pulse on the feelings of the organisation and providing feedback and coaching to the senior leaders on things that will help the organisation move towards its goals
- Establish and maintain a scalable capacity planning process in collaboration with Finance and Product Marketing leadership teams, ensuring we have the right level of capacity in the right places to execute on our strategy.
- Collaborate with your Operations Management peers - across product, customer, strategy and technology to plan the cadence of hiring to reach forecasted team sizes across cities.
- Remain up to date with relevant changes and trends in effective distributed team working practices, continually growing a knowledge of how they may impact and enhance ways of working, with the view to embed these practices across the portfolio
- Support the PMLT to drive an operating rhythm that cultivates a fun, rewarding, diverse and results-driven culture that lives and breathes our Xero values
Make it easy to do business with the team:
Nurture the existing team:
Grow our team for the future:
What you'll bring with you
- Previous marketing operations experience is essential (5+ years)
- Experience developing, running and maintaining marketing operational rhythm and artefacts to ensure cross functional alignment
- Proven experience collaborating and building trust and effective working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Proven ability to influence outcomes at a range of levels from individual contributor to executive level leader
- Experienced with managing confidential information with integrity and diplomacy
- Strong skills in business delivery
- A pragmatic and structured thinker with the personal confidence and presence to be able to interact effectively with both executive management and highly skilled individual contributors
- Driven and creative change embracer, never wanting to settle for good enough or the status quo
- Curious, resourceful, and analytical with a big picture mindsetHumble and consultative with high business acumen and very comfortable with ambiguity
- High emotional intelligence with an emphasis on working collaboratively and building relationships
- An absolutely leak proof, safe pair of hands, who thrives on being accountable and lowers the cognitive load on the rest of the leadership team
- Optimistic and organized, able to pivot quickly based on shifting priorities without dropping the ball on important but not urgent programs of work
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute meaningful and accurate adviceCollaborative, growth and innovation mindset
- Strives for clarity in your communicationTakes #ownership of problems and executes a pragmatic and collaborative approach to their resolve
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.