At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
MISSION: "THE WHY"
As part of the Android team, working closely with our CEO/CTO, Head of Mobile, iOS, QA and design teams, you will be instrumental in delivering a best-in-class mobile product. This position will play a key role working on an application that is used by 1000’s of people every single day, worldwide.
RESPONSIBILITIES: "THE WHAT"
- Driving perfection in technical quality, processes and delivery of Deputy’s Android offering
- Building an externally recognised native Android app that is well-designed and of high quality
- You'll work closely with the design teams and Product Managers to continually iterate and integrate new ideas
- Working in an agile manner and using scrum methodology
- Participate in design and code reviews; contribute to the look and feel of our Android apps
- Coach and train others in your team on best practice
COMPETENCIES: "THE HOW"
- 5+ years mobile development experience
- Commercial native Android development experience
- Kotlin experience is essential
- Contributed to the open source community or developed an app in the Play store
- Passionate about good quality code and working in a test-driven, organised manner
- Effective collaborator and communicator with both technical and non-technical team members
- Creative and entrepreneurial, excited about working with the latest technologies
- A curious problem solver who is full of questions and ideas
- Thrives under high levels of autonomy. At the beginning of each sprint, feel empowered to choose what you’d like to and want to do, and be able to back it up with unit and instrument test results
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Check out why our customers love us: GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now