Last year we joined an elite group of companies that have secure Azure Expert MSP accreditation, making Empired one of only two Australian owned vendors with this certification!
At Empired, we are very clear in our strategic intent and mission for our customers, and we’re extremely focused on how these goals and plans will translate to the delivery of value as they undertake the next phase of their IT journeys with us.
A modern managed service provider like Empired enables more than ‘run and maintain’. A modern services provider has an adaptable resourcing model to provide targeted value at any point of the lifecycle of an IT application portfolio, platform or system.
We believe that Empired plays a role in these journeys as a trusted, single partner who can provide an exceptional run and maintain capability coupled with proven transformational prowess. This is our goal. We use our initiative and innovation alongside an amazing client experience to achieve this goal. In everything we do, and in every project or managed service we undertake, we are helping our customers to achieve Tomorrow’s Advantage, today.
As a Senior Azure Consultant within our Modern Work, Security & Azure team, you’ll take ownership for support and configuration of the Azure platform to our clients. You’ll gain a deep understanding of our client’s organisation to ensure successful delivery and will have opportunities to suggest ways to enhance their business by improving their existing solutions.
- Monitor the actual utilisation, utilisation profiles and utilisation trends of the Cloud compute and storage platforms and scale-up/scale-down the infrastructure so as to meet the operational requirements of the hosted systems and to minimise Cloud platform infrastructure charges incurred
- Identify and implement improvement actions, measurements and metrics
- Participate in planning sessions to establish standards, architecture and project initiatives
- Adhere to ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods, and procedures
- Have existing Azure certifications
- Previous experience in working for an MSP or medium size enterprise company
- Strong experience supporting:
- Active Directory and Azure AD solutions (AADDS, Azure AD Connect)
- Azure network topologies and technologies
- Azure monitoring, alerting, and logging tools (Azure Monitor / Log Analytics)
- Azure Automation (Process Automation, Configuration Management and Update management)
- Azure HA/DR, scaling, and backup solutions (ASR, Azure Backup)
- Azure Security Center, Azure Defender and Azure Sentinel
- Microsoft 365 Defender services
- Demonstrable experience with Azure DevOps, including the automation of infrastructure builds, configuration and release management (using either PowerShell, Azure CLI, Terraform, or other tools)
- Experience implementing information security practices in an operational environment
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, specifically in relation to Microsoft Azure and Office 365, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies (AWS)
- Proven experience with Splunk
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts to a broad and diverse audience
- Experience in systems administration, cloud infrastructure, and networking within enterprise and government environments
- A hunger for knowledge, with the passion to learn about the latest innovations in the industry, which you will enjoy sharing with the wider team
- Adaptability to changing environments and workloads
- Ability to use own initiative
Apply for this position