We are searching for experienced Senior Backend Engineers to join our team in our Melbourne CBD office. Our ideal candidate should have a passion for learning and takes pride in their work.
You should love crafting well thought out and intuitive APIs, and appreciate the value of clean code. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented individuals, learning from others, as well as contributing to their development. You believe that quality is the cheapest way to code.
We primarily code in Ruby and Elixir. We use Buildkite with Docker for our CI pipeline. Our infrastructure is predominantly on AWS.
Your day to day looks like this
- Participate in our Agile-ish development process
- Design, implement and maintain external and internal APIs and services that are secure, reliable and scalable
- Respond to bug reports and debug production issues across the entire platform.
- Work with engineers and designers in a cross functional team to deliver our product vision and roadmap
- Share the responsibility of DevOps with the entire engineering team, including database maintenance and deployment
- Perform code reviews
- Take part in our hackathon/dev days