Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is searching for a Senior Content Designer to join the DevOps team in the Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) timezone.
Atlassian is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and Statuspage, to name a few.)
Have you ever found yourself rewriting onboarding tours, in-app tips, or product tutorials in your head? If you can explain complex features within tiny amounts of product real estate and communicate value in compelling, clear, and effective help articles, come join Atlassian's Content Design team!
We’re hiring a Senior Content Designer to join our DevOps Experience Design Team, someone who has the ability to drive strategic content initiatives to help us mature our solutions for our DevOps customers as well as contribute to the Atlassian content design craft.
In other words, this isn’t a traditional technical writing or UX writing role. As part of the Atlassian Experience Design team, you will:
- Refine and drive content strategy, and apply the Atlassian voice and tone in a way that drives engagement with the DevOps product portfolio (Jira Software, Bitbucket, Statuspage, and Compass).
- Work closely with the design, PM, marketing, and training teams to understand customer insights, the purpose of features, and how best to explain them to the right audience.
- Deliver effective UX writing and longer form explanatory content (documentation, how-to articles, tutorials, etc.) for the DevOps product portfolio on time and with quality against an agile and frequent product release schedule.
When you join the team, you’d be expected to have:
- Excellent writing skills
- A love for user content and UX (both long-form content and microcopy)
- Experience working with product managers, engineers, designers, marketing, and support
- A proven track record of working in and managing projects in an agile, fast-paced environment
- An understanding of how content drives business objectives
- Experience using design thinking and design processes (critique, user journeys, personas) to improve or validate your work
- An appetite for exploring technical products and their users
- Extensive years of professional UX writing and/or technical writing experience
And ideally, we’d hope you’d have:
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- Experience in building out writing and design guidelines
- Consumer and enterprise content experience
Show us something:
Along with your resume, send or point us to an example of or portfolio of your work. Ideally, send us work that shows us your UX writing and documentation experience.
More about our team:
Content Designers at Atlassian look at the way we communicate with our customers as an end-to-end journey. We consider content to be a powerful and essential part of that journey. Our content experts work collaboratively across Atlassian to champion our design language, tell consistent stories, and craft great customer experiences.
Read more at Designing Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to [email protected] and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.