Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
We launched in late 2016 and have had over 500,000 members join and a 4.8 star rating average from over 20,000 reviews. In mid 2021, we closed our Series B round of $35m and are backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB ventures.
The Spriggy Team
We’re a curious bunch and a rapidly growing team. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We take our values pretty seriously at Spriggy, and being values-led is a big part of who we are.
At Spriggy, your work matters, you’ll see the impact of the code that you ship to production in your first weeks in the hands of hundreds of thousands of Aussies. Our team shares a common goal and similar motivations. We’re all passionate problem solvers who believe people learn by doing. We tell it how it is and believe that together we can build a brighter future by ensuring what we choose to do makes a difference to us and our families.
At Spriggy you will have the opportunity to work with great engineers and technologists, innovating around interesting market leading technology, in a developer friendly environment solving both customer and developer problems.
We are looking for a Senior or Principal DevOps Engineer to help our Foundation team to take our infrastructure and CI/CD practices to the next level by building an internal developer platform. At Spriggy, teams own their services end to end and the goal is to make it easy for them to “do the right thing”. Together with our principal architect, you will be responsible for leading our Foundation team in building the internal developer platform on EKS. This platform will use EKS clusters to provide secure and highly available environments. Since having these environments alone does not add real value, this team also needs to define and build the appropriate CI/CD practices and pipelines. As new services are continuously built, the Foundation team needs to build and define the tools needed by service teams to deploy new services with minimal effort.
This is an initial 2-3month contract with the potential opportunity to be made permanent.
- You would be joining the Spriggy Engineering team to help build an amazing and unique tools that helps parents, kids, schools and canteen operators serve thousands and thousands of Australian families.
- You will be the subject matter expert in building the internal development platform.
- In collaboration with the team, you will be defining EKS best practices and build out new EKS clusters to be used by service teams
- In collaboration with the team, you will be defining the appropriate tools and practices for the next iteration of our CI/CD environment.
- Once the tools and standards have been defined, you, along with your team will be responsible for rolling out the tools enabling an end to end pipeline.
- You and your team will be creating reusable templates which can be used by service teams to deploy new and existing services.
- You will build/configure the appropriate observability tooling to monitor both infrastructure and services.
- Working across product, platform and QA to ensure we have appropriate services and environments throughout our engineering processes.
- Ensuring that infrastructure and various pipelines comply with Spriggy’s security policies and procedures by working closely with the information security and compliance teams
- Industry experience. You have extensive industry experience. You have worked in either a scale up or an enterprise environment building solutions that scale and can serve hundreds of thousands of customers.
- AWS Experience. You will have thorough commercial AWS experience (AWS accreditation highly regarded but not essential.
- Kubernetes Experience. Thorough experience building and managing secure K8’s with experience setting up and supporting pod deployments to K8’s
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC). You will have strong experience with technologies such as Terraform, Cloudformation or similar along with drift detection and repair.
- You enjoy solving customer problems. You recognise that technology is a vehicle to solving customer problems and have experience in companies that ship products at scale.
- Think big, build small. You dream big, while recognising that the best solutions often involve small thoughtful iterations at speed. You bring big visions to life by constantly thinking about the next smallest thing you can do to solve a problem.
- Value collaboration and communication. You’re comfortable communicating and collaborating with stakeholders. We work in small cross-functional teams that thrive off building and succeeding together.
- Quality is part of your DNA. You believe in building software systems that are measurable, secure, malleable, and reliable. Delivering a service our Spriggy families can trust and continues to evolve and improve is a high priority.
- Enjoy mentoring junior and mid-level team members. “Learn by doing” is one of our values and we are looking for experience to contribute to the growth of our team.
Life at Spriggy
- The opportunity to work at one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintechs.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with real purpose.
- A values-led culture focused on collaboration, growth and learning.
- A flexible hybrid workplace
- And our team's diverse background ensures that our products talk to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.