Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally.
Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
Click below to find out a little more about us:
Advanced Navigation needs a technically-focused Senior Electronics Engineer with a strong focus on design & testing of complex systems. This role will require the candidate to work on a mix of existing and new products, with a focus on our more difficult and technically demanding projects.
You will simulate, design and develop electronics circuits for advanced navigation technologies utilising analogue signal processing and digital circuits. You will have broad responsibility within a multidisciplinary team to drive better design and project execution. You will contribute across the entire design phase to prototype, develop and then design to planning and supporting the manufacturing complex products. The products you design will be used in a range of applications in defence, autonomous vehicles, underwater vehicles, aerospace platforms and other advanced industries.
- Design analogue signal chain processing circuits (filters, amplifiers, etc.)
- Digital signal circuits including high-speed interfaces
- Develop mixed signal processing chains (ie A-D and D-A)
- Create PCB schematic designs and layouts using Altium Designer
- Simulate and optimise circuits in LTSpice
- Collaborate closely with our software team to ensure hardware designs meet software requirements
- Identify a clear scope of work, and communicate progress through consistent updates to leadership and fellow team members while working to find and mitigate risks
- Design and modify basic 3D CAD models for fit, function and manufacturability
Essential skills & experience:
- 7+ years of experience in designing and developing complex electronics with specific experience in precision analogue data acquisition, processing, and high speed digital circuits
- Proficient in using industry standard tools such as SPICE, Altium Designer, Matlab
- Bachelor degree or higher in electrical/electronic engineering and/or mechatronics
- Basic ability to work with 3D model assemblies in Solidworks or a similar package
You may also have:
- Extensive exposure to FPGA and systems engineering principles and practices
- A proactive self-starting approach with a track record of initiative, personal responsibility, ownership of work and reputation for making things happen
- Advanced CAD skills to create more intricate models and the ability to 3D print these to test design form and fit
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation and have access to barista made coffee, at our cafe below, to keep you going throughout the day.