At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
MISSION "THE WHY"
As a Senior Engineer in the iOS team, you will work closely with our CEO/CTO, Head of Mobile, Android, QA and design teams, and you will be instrumental in delivering a best-in-class mobile product. You'll have the opportunity to research and prototype with the latest in mobile technology, ultimately playing an instrumental role in the growing use of our application that is used by over 70,000 businesses every single day, worldwide.
RESPONSIBILITIES: “THE WHAT”
- Work alongside the design and engineering team on different layers of the infrastructure, developing our iOS application and integration with cloud services in an agile manner
- Contribute to the look and feel of Deputy’s iOS application, as well as designing and shipping new features with a multi-functional team
- Participate in design and code reviews; ensuring high quality, organisation and automation
- You’ll work with product design and marketing teams to brainstorm new ideas to optimise user experience across tablet and mobile
- Collaborate with the team to determine the best solutions to difficult engineering problems
- Work with the team to provide technical insight to maintain and improve our tech stack with the right architectural patterns, design methodologies, and modularisation techniques for a leading mobile platform.
COMPETENCIES: “THE HOW”
- Strong commercial experience developing native iOS applications and are fluent in Swift
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understand Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines, having had an iOS app published in the iTunes app store
- Committed to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products
- Creative and entrepreneurial, passionate about working with the latest technologies
- Real passion for mobile technology; bonus points for experience with other mobile platforms
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Check out why our customers love us: GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now