At SafetyCulture, we’re solving problems that fundamentally change the way people work. Recently valued at AU$2.1Bn, we’re expanding into sensors/IoT and telematics and evolving into a communication and collaboration platform.
With an ambitious goal to have 100 million workers using our products every day, we’re facing interesting technical challenges and looking for talented people to join our team.As part of the Internal Analytics team, you’ll use your skills to help us understand what’s working for our customers, what’s not, and what we need to do next to improve our products and grow our business
As a Senior Manager Data Visualisation you will establish our data visualisation capabilities and help uplift data literacy across the organisation. Good design enables our stakeholders to see analytics presented visually, so they can grasp key insights and make decisions. You will partner with the business and data analysts to successfully deliver business intelligence insights through creative and intuitive data visualisations.
As a creative problem solver you’ll have the ability to leverage resources and collaborate with others. You will manage multiple projects with various levels of complexity and urgency, in parallel. You’ll be proficient in Tableau and have extensive experience coaching and guiding best data visualisation practices. Key responsibilities include:
What will I be doing?
- Establish and lead the data visualisation capability at Safety Culture including build design style guide, coach data analysts, and ensure that all data visualisations meet minimum design standards
- Translate complex data into a visually accessible and compelling form
- Develop, creative and innovative data visualisations to provide actionable insightsProvide subject matter expertise for all data visualisation
- Coach data analysts to uplift their visualisation capabilities
- Work with data analysts to ensure their work is visually powerful and compellingEducate and support business stakeholders to encourage self serve and data literacy
- Create dashboards to understand business performance and identify growth ideas Maintain strong collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
What do I need to bring?
- Experience in data visualisation of complex relationships (e.g. in Tableau)
- Experience in wireframing, prototyping and story-telling Proficiency with modern BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power-BI)
- Ability to teach others how to use Tableau to drive self serve adoption across the business
- Demonstrated strong commercial acumen, and experience in proactively and creatively utilising analytics to drive decision making
- Strong communication and senior stakeholder management skills with ability to regularly influence and guide decisions
- High level of comfort with ambiguity, and ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment in which you rapidly adapt and learn for any given business problem
- Ability to increase data literacy across the business with intuitive data visualisation
- Experience with large datasets and data analysis tools such as SQLTertiary education in data analytics, data science, business or science
At SafetyCulture, we respect and appreciate what makes each of our team members different in terms of gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability or sexual orientation. We unite to support one another as allies and we take deliberate steps to ensure that our people feel like they belong and can thrive at work each day.
You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.