Clipchamp is the go-to video platform with one simple mission: to empower anyone to tell stories worth sharing. Since 2016 we’ve attracted over 17 million registered users globally and counting, and that’s only the beginning. We've now joined Microsoft's Office Media Group (OMG) - to empower every person and organisation to achieve more with media!
Building and maintaining strong connections across location and time is critical in the world we live in, and the emotional power of media – video, audio, and photos – makes it perfect for fostering personal connections and sharing information.
Our in-browser platform gives users access to professional video editing tools and features alongside a 1 million asset-strong stock library and hundreds of editable video templates. We're the go-to platform that's built with everyday editors and creators in mind.
About the Team
While Clipchamp is predominantly based in Australia, OMG is a global team, with offices in five countries. Joining Clipchamp, means you'll join a team of colleagues who live all around the world. We’re committed to each team member feeling connected, regardless of where they work and live.
About the Role
We're transforming the way people tell stories through video, by giving our users a powerfully simple video creation experience.
We're looking for someone who has a keen interest in the video space and is excited to help us push the boundaries of what's possible with Clipchamp. As a systems-thinker grounded in empathy, you're driven to provide world class experiences by uncovering user needs and working with your team to make video creation with Clipchamp friction-free and delightful.
- A driving force in understanding what our users really desire
- Defining problem and opportunity areas, assuring your team that we're solving the right things - from quick wins to bigger, bolder initiatives
- Taking ownership of the design process from start to finish, ensuring proposed solutions balance delivering the best user experience and meeting business objectives
- Analysing data, conducting user interviews and testing sessions, facilitating workshops, prototyping, quickly iterating on ideas and sharing your designs across all functions with confidence
- Giving and requesting feedback from your design peers, engineers, growth marketers, and product managers to help us lift the quality of our experiences
- Championing diversity and inclusion, inspiring and catering to our diverse range of users
Who we're looking for:
- 5+ years of proven product design experience, partnering with engineers, growth marketers and product managers
- You're comfortable playing in ambiguity - someone that can speak to the design process fluently, having a good grasp of the steps it takes to build great products
- You're a great communicator - candid, honest, thoughtful and kind
- You have an experiment mindset - you ship to learn, understanding that big things have small beginnings
And nice-to-mentions, but not required:
- You're comfortable designing and prototyping in Figma (our tool of choice)
Please note: All new employees of OMG/Clipchamp will be required to partake in a background check.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#Clipchamp #OMG #Office Media Group
#Australia #Sydney #Melbourne #Brisbane #Perth #Darwin #Hobart #New Zealand #Remote