Redbubble was born in 2006 in Melbourne, Australia. The dream was simple. Give artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 800k artists and designers with millions of fans across the planet.
As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over $100M since launch. We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work!
Through our marketplace, artists are able to earn from their work, enabling them to create more fabulous artwork. With over 20 million unique designs for consumers to purchase on a range of 100+ print-on-demand products from stickers to t-shirts to throw pillows. It’s a treasure trove for the curious and creative.
The team & role:
Product Designers at Redbubble shape experiences that millions of people worldwide use to create, discover, and purchase unique designs printed on products they can use every day.
As a Senior Product Designer in the Shopping Experience team, you will partner with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities and create value for users. This covers the purchasing/browsing customer user journey, from discovering the ‘very’ product for them, to appraisal of that product. You’ll work holistically along side other designers from adjoining spaces to make these experiences cohesive and effective. You will participate in all phases of the product development, from discovery, to delivery, to iteration.
As part of the Product Design team, you will develop a holistic understanding of how users realise value, have the opportunity to define solutions at scale, and impact the user experience across the Redbubble ecosystem. Additionally in the Product design team you will be a key contributor to practice improvement initiatives to make sure our design practice is world class.
What you'll do:
- You will learn from our customers, directly by conducting your own user testing, continuous discovery interviews, and working strongly with a researcher in your space.
- You will be hands on in the craft of design by, conducting workshops, sketching wireframes, and executing responsive web UI
- You will partner with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities and solve problems for users.
- You will coach and mentor your fellow designers, in turn learning from them too, to help our practice excel
- You will apply your ability to think about the bigger holistic picture for the customer, to what we design and how we work together.
What you'll bring:
- Experience in user experience and product design, working as part of a cross-functional team.
- Strong experience in developing modern and delightful applications for responsive web, and knowledge of native mobile design conventions.
- You have a human-centred design mindset, and a broad range of methods to creative problem-solving in order to arrive at impactful solutions.
- You have a systematic approach that helps you to create high-quality, functional, and scalable designs.
- Flexible and productive in the face of ambiguity and the natural change coming from the continuous discovery and delivery process.
- You understand the value of insights, and you have the ability to connect the dots between various data sources available.
- You feel right at home with modern design tools to create interfaces, flows, rapid and detailed prototypes.
- You have the ability to elaborate your thinking and rationale using your storytelling and communication skills.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace, and you are curious by nature, always learning, always exploring, and always improving.
- Meaningful work that allows you to contribute to a mission you believe in
- A safe and supportive place to continue to grow and hone your craft
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world
- Generous flexible work arrangements, and parental leave programs
- An opportunity to give back through community volunteer events and corporate partnerships like Code Like a Girl
We value open-minded, open-hearted teams, who reflect a diversity of experience, identity and perspective. Our differences make us smarter, and inclusive working cultures are healthy cultures. We are working hard to sustain a culture of belonging that promotes, advances and celebrates diverse identities and voices. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the artist and customer communities that we serve.
Bringing more creativity into the world takes all the crayons in the box, and we’re excited to hear from you.
Make sure to include your Portfolio and show us what you've got!
Upload a copy of your Portfolio under the "Cover Letter" option.
Alternatively, you can provide a link to your Portfolio website below.
We can't wait to see your own art!