This is your chance to join a team of forward-thinking, change-making individuals transforming healthcare experiences. Operating at the intersection of two fast-growing industries – health and tech – you’ll play an active role in shaping the future of healthcare in Australia.
In this role you will be at the heart of transforming healthcare experiences by ensuring the seamless, secure transfer of information between patients and providers. HealthEngine’s software integrations team works magic with third party APIs and bespoke data connections to ensure that HealthEngine’s best products work FOR practices and patients, instead of giving them more work.
- Work with product teams to ensure that the right data and integration events are made available to create high-quality products.
- Work with external development teams to create and maintain high-quality integrations.
- Deep dive into data to help drive high-quality decision making.
- Provide support to engineers on other teams to set up and test integrated functionality.
- Work with HealthEngine’s support team to ensure uptime for integrated practices.
- Create and monitor high-quality logging and alerts to maintain high confidence in the state of practice integrations.
You flourish in a rapidly-changing agile environment and thrive in a tech culture where radical candour is applied. You have strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and non-technical minds. You are open-minded, collaborative, follow-through on your commitments, and have a strong appreciation for the role people play in the development process.
Experience you’ll bring:
- Strong experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel/Symfony)
- Experience with Postgres and SQL Server (or other relational databases)
- Some experience with desktop development is desirable (C++/Qt or experience in a similar language, eg C#/Java)
- Good understanding of security, including concepts of ownership and consent
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and service decomposition such as Containers/VMs
- Ability to work with Agile development methodologies (Kanban/Scrum)
The perks behind the work
HealthEngine is where you’ll be your best self. You’ll collaborate with smart, interesting people who will challenge you to be better. Learning and challenge aside, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours and arrangements
- Fully stocked kitchen with coffee on tap
- Regular social events and play spaces on-site
- Salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Workplace wellness program
Diversity and inclusion
HealthEngine believes in the power of a diverse workforce and are fully committed to building and maintaining an inclusive culture. We believe that our differences can create new ideas, offer unique perspectives and speak on behalf of all of our customers and consumers. If you think you have what it takes but don't check all the boxes, reach out anyway - we’d love to hear from you.
A bit more about us
HealthEngine is a purpose-led business, on a mission to transform healthcare in Australia. As the leading consumer healthcare platform, we’re creating a better patient experience by bringing all healthcare providers into one, connected network. We allow patients to find and book healthcare practitioners at the touch of a button, 24/7, while providing practices with the tools and technology to improve their patients’ experience. We believe that by creating a more connected, immediate and simple ecosystem, we can improve health outcomes for everyone.