We are pioneers in online gaming, with talented people and innovative, patented technology. We own and operate several market-leading brands in the largest markets in the world and have about 700 team members globally, all committed to building something amazing, pushing our boundaries and having fun in the process. We’ve been disrupting online social casino and poker gaming since 2010 and bringing fun and excitement to millions of customers. At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our talented Incubation team where you’ll work on FendOff, VGW’s social sports & casino gaming product. You’ll use your mix of technical and leadership skills to mentor Associate Engineers and Engineers and to work collaboratively with the Squad Lead/Engineering Lead and stakeholders to deliver business outcomes.
On a day to day basis, you'll be:
- Working with the Product Owner and Squad lead/Engineering Lead to prime the backlog and help the team in delivering on sprint commitments
- Mentoring Associate Engineers and Engineers, ensuring that the team’s code is to the highest standard
- Identify reuse of work or concepts and share with the other teams
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other departments and teams in VGW to effectively deliver value to the product and the wider business
- Assisting the Engineering Squad Lead to solve tough problems
Our FendOff tech stack consists of AWS, Docker, React, TypeScript, Node.js, MongoDB and GoLang. Whilst experience with those technologies would be great, we're looking for strong problem-solving skills and the technical aptitude to pick up new concepts quickly, so don't worry if you've been working with something slightly different!
The team you'll be joining is based in Perth, but this role can be located anywhere in Australia.
We're looking for someone with a bit of hustle, a cracking sense of humour and the passion and drive for all things tech and people. A passion for all things sports will go a long way too!
You'll also need to have:
- Broad experience in software development including a strong computer science background and experience building distributed applications using microservices
- Persistence, ability to provide mentorship, technical acumen, and have a backbone
- Strong software design and application architecture skills. Should have a strong grasp of SOLID, DRY, DDD, TDD, CQRS, ES
- The ability to write code that meets the quality standard of the team
- Cloud experience, ideally using AWS
If this sounds like your kind of challenge, please apply now.
We'll be in touch soon.