At SafetyCulture, we help businesses get better everyday. As the operational heartbeat of working teams, our technology gives workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions. We’re constantly evolving our platform, expanding into sensors/IoT, Machine Learning, Scalable and Event-Driven Architecture to name a few, but we believe there’s more to be done.
Our mission – and your opportunity — is to help solve the challenges faced in an increasingly distributed workforce. In short, to shape Engineering excellence, nurture emerging Engineering talent and build out an inclusive, high-performing interdisciplinary team.
Recently valued at AU$2.2Bn, we’re investing our resources into creating and shaping a better workplace for all. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people that value collaboration, growth and learning to join our team.
As a Site Reliability Manager at SafetyCulture, you'll lead a team of SREs to design, build and run resilient systems. You and your team will live and die by Murphy’s Law, knowing that anything that can go wrong will go wrong at the worst possible moment. You’ll foster a culture of designing for, and expecting, failure in production systems - a culture where learning and knowledge-sharing is expected.
You’ll face exciting technical challenges as we scale, and be an integral part of the engineering leadership team. You love to solve sticky cross-service and cross-domain problems, and have a passion to identify root causes in complex scenarios. Most importantly you are a people leader and you are excited about the prospect of working in a fast-paced demanding environment and get that learning happens at the edge of the comfort zone.
How you can have an impact
As an engineering leader, you’ll have influence over the direction of the team and function, and a strategic impact on the overall business strategy. You’ll impact significantly on evolving engineering practices and culture to build a world-class engineering team. Improving others’ ability to deliver great work, suggesting and bringing innovations, and driving initiatives focused on release-safety, repeatability, and improving the way we do things. Experimenting with ways to become more efficient and productive, and bringing these learnings to the senior leadership team. We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
What you'll need
- Experience managing and growing a team of engineers
- Experience driving engineering excellence and best practice
- Ability to set and drive the big picture strategy for the team
- Excellent human-handling-skills with an ability to build and maintain healthy cross-team relationships
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Agile delivery experience
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of platforms and approaches
- Experience forecasting requirements for the team and capacity planning
- A technical background in the SRE space
At SafetyCulture, we care about people and growing the team. Here’s a few ways we’re acting on our values
- Flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office
- You’ll have access to professional and personal training and development opportunities
- We’re a pet friendly workplace
- Hackathons - if you’re into them :)
- Workshops and Lunch & Learns from our leadership and industry experts
- We also encourage you to get involved in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies; whatever floats your boat!
But wait, there’s more... You’ll also receive other perks such as:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Great food! Our In-house chefs will serve up fresh and healthful breakfast, lunch and unlimited snacks catering to all dietary requirements
- Love coffee or tea? Our commercial espresso machine has you covered. We also have beer and wine on tap, a pool table, board games, and books library
- Wellbeing is key! We offer initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy
- Last but not least, we celebrate quarterly and our teams love the annual ShipIt global offsite
At SafetyCulture, we’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.