Concentrix Tigerspike Brisbane is looking for a Software Engineer (Android). You'll work with a group of problem solvers who work collaboratively across Tigerspike projects and client accounts. If you are excited to learn new things and thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way, then Tigerspike could be the place for you!
Concentrix Tigerspike in Brisbane is our newest office. We opened in 2019 and since then our team has experienced exceptional growth off the back of some amazing work done around new business, project delivery, and client innovation. So far we’ve been working on a large project with frontline government services, providing key services that are fundamental to the safety and wellbeing of citizens. We love what we do in an informal, yet high energy office. We have supported each other through the challenges of a growing office and also managed to maintain our team spirit and culture throughout the changes. Also, we’re super: we love superheroes, super fun lunchtime sports, super long Friday lunches, and super yummy homemade cupcakes.
- Take our client's visions from concept to release in as little as a few months and often work together to evolve products for years
- Drive development forward and be able to translate business requirements into pragmatic solutions
- Gain experience with industries that range from, Banking, Government, NGOs, Telecommunications, Aviation, FMCG, Retail and have the opportunity to nurture products and see them through to completion and into maintenance
- As a Software Engineer Android, you write clean, reusable, maintainable, and readable code Focus on our projects that are native mobile apps and web apps, but that doesn’t stop us from experimenting with wearables, VR/AR and IoT devices
- Work on different and exciting projects over time
- 4+ years of experience in Android development, using Java and Kotlin, you also have an interest in the dark side: iOS
- A solid history of always improving your knowledge and skills and improving processes for your organisation
- Proficiency with git when collaborating on code bases and Google’s App Submission process
- The passion to work in a client-facing role
- The ability to write code that follows SOLID principles, platform-specific conventions and common design patterns
- Experience securing data in transit and at rest using a variety of encryption techniques
- An understanding of architectural choices, including the trade-offs for each
- Knowledge of AGILE - SCRUM or Kanban
- Commercial experience in Continuous Integration and writing highly testable code, simplifying Unit Test
- Bonus - Experience with another platform (e.g. iOS, C#.Net or AWS)
- Bonus - Functional programming and protocol-oriented programming experience
- Bonus - Experience with React Native and/or React JS
- Flexible work hours and work from home policy
- 20 days’ holiday (in addition to all public holidays) increasing to 25 days’ holiday each year after your 2nd work anniversary and 30 days after 5 years!
- 2 Duvet Days per year - that’s for when the day would be better spent at the beach or in bed
- A generous annual allowance for training and development
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as learning a new language, cooking classes, yoga, pottery, or even attending a beer tasting course
- End of year performance bonus
- Free Bootcamp classes weekly/lunch sport activities
- Parental benefits that exceed statutory requirements
- The chance to work on different projects in our other offices (London, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Tokyo, Dubai, Singapore, New York, Mumbai, Berlin)
- Free lunch and drinks on Fridays
About Concentrix Tigerspike
We’re a global digital services company, offering end-to-end expertise in strategic consulting, service and experience design, multi-platform engineering, and systems integration.
We’re excited to announce that we’re now operating under the new name of Concentrix Tigerspike.
We’ve been a part of Concentrix since 2017, helping our clients around the world create great customer and employee experiences. We’ve made this change to our name to more clearly show the evolution of our services and how they complement and strengthen the overall strategic offering of Concentrix.
Our ownership and structure hasn’t changed: we’re still the same, great team spanning 10 global offices - and our design-led approach and deep engineering capability continue to remain core to how we work.
Our people are our culture and a huge part of what makes us unique. We recruit the best people and create small project teams, resulting in great chemistry between our teams and our customers that can solve even the toughest business problems.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.*
So what happens next?
Once we've received your application, we'll give it as much attention as it deserves and you'll hear from us either way. If we think you could be a good addition to our team, we will give you a call and from there you'll cruise through our recruitment process.
To all recruitment agencies
Concentrix Tigerspike does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Concentrix Tigerspike employees or any other organisation location. Concentrix Tigerspike is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.