At SafetyCulture, we help businesses get better everyday. As the operational heartbeat of working teams, our technology gives workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions. We’re constantly evolving our platform, expanding into sensors/IoT, Machine Learning, Scalable and Event-Driven Architecture to name a few, but we believe there’s more to be done.
Our mission – and your opportunity — is to help solve the challenges faced in an increasingly distributed workforce. In short, to shape Engineering excellence, nurture emerging Engineering talent and build out an inclusive, high-performing interdisciplinary team.
Recently valued at AU$2.2Bn, we’re investing our resources into creating and shaping a better workplace for all. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people that value collaboration, growth and learning to join our team.
The tech stack
We use a modern technology stack including Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile); React.js (front end); Go/node.js (back end); AWS/Kafka/Kubernetes (infrastructure)
As a Front End Engineer, You’ll be empowered to deliver practical solutions to solve real-world problems for customers, with the knowledge that what you build has an immediate positive impact.
You’ll face exciting technical challenges as we scale, and be an integral part of the engineering team. High-performing teams here own their services, and you’re trusted to build and run a system that serves hundreds of thousands of users while transforming it into a system that will serve millions of users in the near future. We empower engineers to learn new skills and use technology to solve customer problems, including initiatives in IoT, machine learning, and event-driven architecture.
How you can have an impact
Over time you will be recognised as an expert in relevant technologies to the role, and have influence over the direction of the team and function. You’ll actively participate in initiatives aimed at improving the way we do things, and start to focus on how to improve others’ ability to deliver great work and drive initiatives focused on release-safety, repeatability. You’ll actively engage in building a culture of candid feedback, and help the engineering teams give and receive constructive feedback. We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- Depth of knowledge in a front end or back end coding language and associated libraries/frameworks
- Ability to own delivery of features or requirements
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of platforms and approaches
- Experience with front end edge infrastructure (e.g. AWS cloudfront, lambda)
- Understanding of caching, server-side rendering, CDNs
- Experience with front end build pipelines and tooling, particularly around mono-repos and automation testing
- Working with service-oriented/microservice architectures
- Experience with key/value store and relational databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
At SafetyCulture, we care about people and growing the team. Here’s a few ways we’re acting on our values
- Flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office
- You’ll have access to professional and personal training and development opportunities
- We’re a pet-friendly workplace
- Hackathons - if you’re into them :)
- Workshops and Lunch & Learns from our leadership and industry experts
- We also encourage you to get involved in the community, open-source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies; whatever floats your boat!
But wait, there’s more... You’ll also receive other perks such as:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Great food! Our In-house chefs will serve up fresh and healthful breakfast, lunch, and unlimited snacks catering to all dietary requirements
- Love coffee or tea? Our commercial espresso machine has you covered. We also have beer and wine on tap, a pool table, board games, and a books library
- Well-being is key! We offer initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services, and a generous parental leave policy
- Last but not least, we celebrate quarterly and our teams love the annual ShipIt global offsite
At SafetyCulture, we’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.