At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
Due to Deputy's success and growth around the world and our goal to deliver faster with high quality, we're seeking a Software Engineer in Test to ensure we keep growing into an extraordinary team delivering more of what our customers love.
You will focus on the efficient and effective development of Deputy's product and services, ensure we release the highest quality software quickly and push the team to be world class. You will be key to driving a quality centric, rapid iteration culture.
You will have a growth mindset and always be on the lookout for better ways to do things. This is an amazing opportunity for you to be at the forefront of creating a world-class delivery and development function.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and execute test strategies to provide confidence in the software development life cycle
- Architect and build robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Collaborate with your cross functional team and product/technical stakeholders
- Triage the impact and scope of issues that may arise
- Integrate tests and frameworks into CI workflows
- Report accurately on coverage of test strategies
HOW YOU'LL DO IT
- Expertise in testing APIs, Restful or RPCs. We use OpenAPI/Swagger and gRPC.
- Comfortable using SQL to investigate data issuesBuild and maintain frameworks/tooling to facilitate testing across environments
- Build tooling to measure and report on coverage
- Partner with other engineers to improve and automate test and release processes using tools like Jenkins
- Drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies
- Experience working with large-scale cloud-based environments – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Why IVP Invested in Deputy
- Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Check out why our customers love us: GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now